-----
What a weekend. I am tired. Aren't weekends supposed to be relaxing and help you recover from the week? It started out relaxing enough. I finished reading The Goblet of Fire to the boys. This has been really fun and a great way to keep them away from screens during this never ending winter. On Saturday morning the kids hurried and got their jobs done so they could watch the movie. Of course they wanted me to watch with them. I wanted to but I had a lot to do- so I watched part of it.

After that, I feel like I wasn't even home. I mentioned that to Andre, who then told me that I wasn't home. He knows this because he was really tired from being home with our kids. I was so excited to leave the house and now he knows why! These pictures are out of order- does any one else hate the way blogger makes you load pictures and how un-user-friendly it is. I can't even move these pictures around.
-
Anyway, On Sunday Jaxon's Choir sang in the Tabernacle. They were fantastic. These pictures were during the sound check because no pictures during the event. It was an Interfaith thing- so their was baptist choirs, Thai Buddist dancers, Other kind of Buddist drummers, Native American calls to prayer, Islamic prayers/songs. It was actually a cool night.
Jaxon is behind the girl in pink in the center.
On Saturday Jaxon's choir sang in the State Capital building. I like this picture because it shows the rotunda and the setting they were in.
Jaxon is in this picture: Find the guy singing the solo, then at the level of his head toward the left you see girl with black hair. Jaxon is right behind her.
They combined with another choir because the director of this event- Lex de Azevedo wanted a bigger sound. You will notice that the choir we joined with has a lot of older kids. This added tons of Bass and Tenor that our choir lacks.
Each of those days Jaxon and I left our house at about 3:00 and got home at about 9:00. He is Not happy about how much time it takes. But these are incredible experiences for him. (Plus, he had a choice if he wanted to perform and he said he wanted to!) My least favorite part of the night was when the "Sea Cadets" gave us a flier as we were leaving the building. It is for teens starting at age 10. Now Jaxon wants to join. It s a part of the Navy. He is obsessing. Jaxon does not know- but I know that he would not like it. Thank you Sea Cadets for causing so much drama in my life. Plus we are in Utah there is not a SEA here. That is all I want to say about that.-
Monday was a holiday. My parents had gone to see the Carl Bloch exhibit at BYU a few weeks ago and they said that we should go. It was really cool to walk in and see these incredible pictures of Christ all over the place. Many of the paintings of Christ that LDS people see a lot are painted by him. This painting below was not at the exhibit, but is an example of his work.
If you are in this state and want info on this free event see this website. It was worth it. You just haveto make reservations. My older boys liked it but they were done in about 15 minutes. The little boys were done in about 5. I could hve stayed for a really long time if I was by myself.
If you are in this state and want info on this free event see this website. It was worth it. You just haveto make reservations. My older boys liked it but they were done in about 15 minutes. The little boys were done in about 5. I could hve stayed for a really long time if I was by myself.http://carlbloch.byu.edu/index.php
Then we took them to BYU's Palientology (I am too lazy to look that word up to see how it is spelled) Museum. It is really small but fun. Jaxon's class had gone on a tour there a few weeks ago so he felt important to show us what he learned.

Then we took them to BYU's Palientology (I am too lazy to look that word up to see how it is spelled) Museum. It is really small but fun. Jaxon's class had gone on a tour there a few weeks ago so he felt important to show us what he learned.
Guess who had their half birthdays this weekend? Yep, Jax and Tan. I have been trying to use up some cake mixes that I have, so they each got a half of a cake.
On top of never being home this weekend, Tanner had a big project due today about animals. They wrote the entire paper at school including typing it. That is awesome- it means that I didn't have to help at all! But part of the project was a diorama. Tanner's animal was sea otters. That is kind of hard to do a diarama for. But here it is:
Here is a close up.
The sea otters float on their backs and they wrap themselves in Kelp so they can sleep and stay put. There are three clay otters that Tanner made in there. They are each holding rocks and their food. There is plastic wrap kind of floating to show the top of the water with a little bit of beach and rocks off to the side.
-
Of course we had the little boy silliness all weekend too. They know that we don't want to give them bandaids unless they are bleeding. So I heard Chase cry from the basement and he came to find me. All I heard was him crying and yelling, "blood mommy, blood!" So I hurried to see what the problem was. He showed me his hand and I turned it all directions looking for any blood, nothing. He pointedto a spot near his knuckle that wasn't even red from being bumped. He just wanted a bandaid. The funny thing to me was that bandaids were the first thing to come to his mind. What a drama king.
-
I was looking forward to today so I could rest :). I only had to get everyone off to school, babysit some cutie kids, go grocery shopping, prepare for scouts and have scouts at my house. (Oh yea, and write a blog). I figure, if I have time to write a blog, that is relaxing. Now for the never ending question... what to have for dinner.
8 comments:
OH man. . . so blogging's "out"? I wasn't aware! CRAP! I'm stopping my blog starting. . . now.
Hehehe.
Diorama's. School homework. Shudder. I sooo don't want to do that with my kids! I'm such a lazy parent.
Jaxon looks adorable in his little choir! They do a lot of cool things, yo.
Well, I sure didn't know blogging was out. Gloria just started a blog for each of her missionaries & I have 4 I'm doing. I love to read blogs.
Don-Mike & Nick did the Festival of Trees, the zoo & the capitol rotunda, when they were little & in Sunshine Generation. We also did a TV commercial for PBS. They didn't really care for all the time it took.
You do half birthdays? What a fun idea.
Blogging is still in - I say so. ;) What a BUSY weekend! I love all Jaxon's choir adventures - so fun! The diorama is great. We have to do projects like that every month for Anna. Ugh. They're kinda fun and a big pain all at the same time.
Thanks for doing a blogg. It is fun for us to read and then it will be great, if you print it off,
to have such a great history of your family. It is hard for me to remember all the things we did as a family. So keep up the good work- you're doing a great job.
Don't ever stop blogging. I love reading about our family and keeping up with you guys. Your stories keep me laughing.
Dad says
Blogs are out??? I dont think so in fact this is the only way I really remember just what is happening to you guys. Being with you is one thing but it takes much more now. Seeing, reading and loving the personal letter it is to me really ties it up for me - THANKS SO MUCH
Keep blogging. Facebook is for one-liners, but with blogs you can tell the whole story. Great choir experiences for Jaxon! My favorite picture was the half cake for the half birthday!! What mom even remembers the half birthday??? I only remember mine because it is on the 4th of July.
Wow...that was tiring just reading. So glad you had a fun weekend.
Post a Comment