Monday, September 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Point

For the last year we have had a yearly pass to Thanksgiving Point.

Let me tell you it was PAINFUL to put up that much money up front to buy the pass. $175 dollars was a lot of money.

I quickly found that it paid for itself within a few months. Then the rest of the year it seemed like we were going for free!

The kids loved going down there and we did something different each time we went so it did not get boring for them. In the fall and spring and early morning in the summer, we went to the gardens and the farm. We also went to the dinosaur museum and the glass blowing place year round.

Here are a few pictures:

The Gardens:



Reaching for a waterfall.






The Children's Gardens:


Have you ever had a llama spit on you?
Or have you had the sidewalk spit at you?





I love the expression on this little monkey in a bear cave.

The kids loved the hedge maze and would run around for hours playing hide and seek.




Dinosaur museum:
It turns out that I don't have many pictures of the dinosaurs- weird. Here is the one I found:

They have a new exhibit all about motion and science. The kids loved this as much as the dinosaurs.


Of course I had to live through the 4 children begging for me to buy them something at the gift shop. Why do they torture me? They should not even have gift shops.
Digging in the sand looking for dinosaur bones.


Being eaten by a shark.


Playing in the sand and water exhibit.





More motion exhibit.

We also went to the farm lots and really enjoyed it. But I can't find the pictures right now. I think I have posted pictures of the kids riding ponies before. That will have to do I guess.

Last week was our last day of our yearly pass. We will miss it. Maybe we will take a break and do it again in a year.

1 comment:

Carie said...

Looks like fun! I've only been to Thanksgiving Point once when it first opened and there was nothing there. We went to see Christmas lights and FROZE to death! It has changed a lot since then. I LOVE, LOVE the picture of all 4 boys with the columns! You need to frame that.