Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Disneyland!


We went to Disneyland last week! It was all festive and halloween-y. We have never taken our kids and Andre and I hadn't gone since 1991- so it was exciting for all of us.


I didn't know how to edit the 10 thousand pictures I took for this blog. I decided to show pictures of the rides. Our family is ALL about the rides. We didn't go see ANY princesses or any other characters either. If we are going to stand in line for an hour, it was not to see someone in a costume. The kids made that clear. Anyway, we went on many rides. We learned all about fast passes and we got there before it opened and ran as fast as we could through the park-- all for the purpose of getting in the long-line rides when they didn't have long lines. It mostly worked.

Anyway...

Here is one of the icons of DCA (Disney California Adventure). It turns out that this is a fun ride. I usually am not a fan of ferris wheels because they takes so long to board and you just go around in a circle. Well, this one has loopy things that your car goes around and round while the big wheel thing goes around. We loved that.




Just some other random pictures of fun rides...

Pirate island. I had never been to that. It was kind of cool.

Star Tours. This was re-done recently and very cool. The lines were super long for this most of the time so we only went on it twice.

Splash Mountain. This was Chase's first ride. He was freaked out by the last water slide so he never went on it again. Then we went on a lot more easier rides and he got used to those roller coaster type falls. I think he would have loved it if it wasn't his first ride.

Space Mountain. Chase went on it once. Then he was done. Whenever we asked him if he wanted to go on it again he said no. Mom and Chase rode Buzz Lightyear every time the other boys rode Space Mountain.


Chase saw the space ships (Astro somethings? ) when we first walked in. He was so excited.
He loved it.


OK, everyone asks the kids what their favorite ride was... Here is what they answer most often:
Alex- Tower of Terror
Tanner: Indiana Jones
Jaxon- Tower of Terror
Chase- Buzz Lightyear. He will say something different everytime. He really loved this ride.


Here are some pictures of kids ON some rides. Alex Buzz Lightyear...
Thunder Mountain railroad (one of my favorites)
Roger Rabbit

OK. So, it rained on Tuesday morning. We got out our nifty awesome rain ponchos and looked like dorks. But we were really happy to not be wet. Here is the line to the Matterhorn.

This is what we looked like in the line to Toy Story Mania. Awesome huh?
One thing Disneyland did for the kids was make them nicer to each other. While we were in line we would divide up in who was riding with who. Then the kids would hold hands the entire line. It was so cute.
These guys had their arms around each other forever. Ahhhh. But Tanner saw the camera right before I took this and he stopped.


There are some new toys to buy at Disneyland. I don't know if I would reccomend buying them though, they are a little crazy.


One of our favorite rides was the Grizzly River Ride.

Here are pictures of us getting soaked. I mean SOAKED. Why we didn't get the ponchos out again, I am not sure, but it was super fun.
We went on it over and over because there was no line.


Here is the family picture.
We had tons of fun and everything was perfect. I am so glad that we waited to go until Chase was old enough. He could go on everything except Indiana Jones. He was exactly 42 inches tall. The perfect height in case you are curious. He tried every ride and chose not to go on a couple again- but it all worked out perfectly.

The kids are already asking to go again.

3 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Looks like you guys had sooo much fun! Was it super busy or is October a good time to go?

I just thought to myself "man I can't wait to take my boys." Notice I said "boys". Mckenna will not be going anywhere NEAR something, nay, ANYTHING fun, because she is a fun-sucker.

Joey said...

I really wish I had gone with you. It looks like so much fun! Lets plan on it next time!

Carie said...

How fun!!! I'm completely jealous. My kids have never been to Disneyland and I didn't get to go till I was 17. I really, really want to take them! I think they'll have to wait till they are 17 too. I love the family pic!!