Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fall

The last few days have been cold. I know it will get worse, but it is cold for me! This fall has been beautiful! With only a few blips we have had 65-70 degree weather for all of October and most of September. I love it that way. I have been telling the kids for months to go play outside because it is one of the last warm days and they will miss this when it gets cold. They are starting to not believe me.

But the weather men have said (if they are to be believed) that this is the start of cold weather. So... I wanted to do a post showing all the fun outdoor things that we did because we kept thinking it was going to get cold. We have tried to save all the indoor things until it is winter. But you know what? I am tired and I don't really want to do anything. Maybe all the kids can just sit around a do homework this winter. I am sure they will want to do that. Ya.

So here are a few things we did while our school had it's fall break:

Joanna got 5 free tickets to a Salt Lake Real game. She took us! This was my first professional soccer game. It was really fun. Thanks Joey!



We went with Grandma to Gardner Village. We forgot to take a picture of grandma with the kids- oops. It is always fun to be with grandma.









We did our yearly trip to the corn maze. The kids always like that.


This cracks me up.





We picked out pumpkins.





This is a little hike to Lisa Falls. This was also a really easy little hike. Maybe 15 minutes. Then we just hiked around a explored. It was a beautiful day. I want to go on this hike in the spring to see how much water comes down then. There wasn't much this fall.








Rocky Mouth Falls. This is about a 20 minute hike (maybe less). It is nice because it is short. But it is steep. My kids became mountain goats jumping all over the step rock walls. They loved every minute of it. The waterfall is cool too but it is small because it is fall. Andre went to this hike a year ago in the spring and the waterfall was a lot bigger


So, that is us enjoying the warm weather. Now we will be inside curled up in blankets drinking hot chocolate.

2 comments:

G'ma Y said...

Fall is a wonderful time of year. We need it to keep being beautiful for another week and a half!!!! Chase and Alex are so cute as frankenstein and his poky up hair bride. All the boys looked like they were having a great fall. I hope they appreciate what great parents they have.

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

I've said it before 'n I'll say it again: you are the queen mom of awesome activities. Maybe I can grow up to be like you?