On Chase's first Christmas I decided that I really wanted to get a really cute picture of my four boys with Santa.
Chase was almost one and Alex was two. I was not getting any sleep and my patience level was ZERO. Half of my kids were throwing tantrums at the same time ALL day long. It was much easier to stay home. There was no way I could even imagine going to the mall and standing in line for hours.
Luckily the ward Christmas party had a Santa.
2008
I got a picture, but it was not my dream picture. You still have to
stand in line, it is after the kids bedtime, only one of the kids is
looking at the camera. I don't mind a crying kid in a Santa picture. That is part of Christmas. A big reason that this is not my dream
picture? The background. It has a gym door, bulletin board, and table.
Not too Christmas-y
I told myself that I would get my ideal picture the next year.
2009
For some reason I didn't make it to the mall again this year. I really wanted to. (but... see reasons above)
Luckily the ward Christmas party had a Santa and if that picture didn't turn out, I could always go to the mall. This was the picture.
I find it hilarious. Chase running away is priceless. But... it is totally blurry (I cropped the right side- it has a very blurry tree. My camera can not take pictures with Christmas tree lights. It makes the camera do weird things.) I was going to go to the mall, but never did.
There is always next year- I can get my really cute "kids with santa" picture.
2010
I don't even have a picture. I just spent a long time looking everywhere for a digital or hard copy of a Santa picture. Nothing. Then I remembered that I never got a picture that year. I even thought about trying to get someone to dress up as Santa for me after Christmas. I decided that that was dumb and that I would for sure get a good one the next year.
2011
We went to the ward Christmas party without a camera. Luckily Andre had his phone. It is just not a great picture. The kids are cute and everything. But... blah. I am a photo snob! I admit it. I want the pictures to be how I imagine them. And I didn't imagine this. I decided that this was the last year- Jaxon was 11. I was totally going to go to the mall with the kids to see Santa for sure. But I think I blocked the horror of mall Santa lines from my mind- I didn't make it.
2012
Jaxon is now 12. I know that he is too old for Santa. I asked him if he would be in the picture one more year- just for me. I would get my one good picture and be happy. (Of course I would let my little kids see Santa, but not worry about a picture)
All the kids were really good. Chase was scared but I told him he did not have to sit on his lap, just stand next to him- that was fine. It is a super cute picture. Guess what? There are Christmas lights in the background. I don't worry about this all year, so I forget. Christmas lights = blurry picture. Also, my kids are old! It is amazing how big they look. How did that happen?
Oh well. These will have to do. They are classic in their own way- right? Right?



2 comments:
Right! I love it. I was smiling through the whole blog
What we have in our mind and what is reality are usually two different things. The pictures will look better to you as the years go by. As for now, the boys are great and cute and funny and that is what matters in real life.
Post a Comment