Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Facebook



A few months ago Google (who owns Blogger) decided that I was under 13 years old. Therefore I was not able to access my blog or use my google account. I finally jumped through their hoops and was able to start blogging again. 

Now Blogger tells me that I have to pay to put more pictures on my blog. I'm not happy and am trying to figure out what to do about that. So, until I have enough room in my brain to figure that out. No more pictures. Maybe that is a good thing. Maybe I'll get more of my thoughts down here in the blog- or maybe not. I may have to do something drastic!

I started skimming my facebook account the other day and found some funny comments. I thought I would put these on here all together. I know that I am friends with most of my readers on facebook- but it is kind of interesting to see it all together.

2008

I am new to facebook and don't know how to use it. Any ideas?

Just sent Jaxon off to his first day of 3rd grade.

First day of Kindergarten for Tanner. I was sad.

I’m tired of sick kids!

I’m carving pumpkins- yuck.

I’m happy that all kids are in bed.

Stayed up late putting toys together. I'm tired.

2009

The boys’ new school just had a meet the teachers night. The teachers seem great! We are excited. I did find out that the boy's summer is going to be one week longer. I guess I should come up with something for us to do.

My toddler got my can opener so I took it away from him. and put it somewhere he could not reach it. I don't know where that somewhere is.

I love volunteering in the kid's school. It gives me a great perspective on their "other" life.

I know everyone is talking about this on facebook but I also have to add my comment. I hate daylight savings time. Hate! Hate! Hate! Can we start a petition and give it to someone who could do something about it? Please.

We just had Alex's "Potty Party" He is officially trained! Hooray!

2010

We got home from a 3100 mile, 17 day road trip. We saw family in Boise and saw the Columbia River Gorge. We hung out with family and saw Washington beaches, tide pools, and rain forests. We hunted for crabs & sand dollars, saw Seattle and tried to see Mt Saint Helens (it was raining and too over-cast). Then we spent four great days along the Oregon Coast seeing all the sights and then went to Crater Lake. I am tired.

3 more months of 9:00 am church. Can't wait for 11:00!

My children have been begging for a pet for a LONG time. They just bought a rat. I am not thrilled, but it is ok. They paid for it and will completely take care of it. I will not. It is good for them --- right?

I was so worried about telling our boys that their rat died. The sadness was pretty short because the new rat was already here and needed to be played with and named.

Last night Jaxon was ranting and raving about having to practice the piano. He said, "tell me the REAL reason you force me to do this. Then I can tell you why it is not a good idea." I laughed and told him the real reason is that I want him to be able to play the piano. He would not believe me and thinks it has something to do with child cruelty and torture.

We went to a restaurant tonight with all four boys. No one cried, everyone ate their food and they were all so good. This was amazing. We might start going out more often!

I'm so excited to say goodbye to 9:00am church and hello to 11:00 tomorrow!

2011

Happy Birthday to my sweetest Alex. He loved having his birthday ON Easter. He had so much fun having everything be for a five year old. "Is my hair combed like a five year old? I need more bacon cause I am five now..."

4 kids and me ready for church with 15 minutes to spare- with no husband home. This is a first and probably last. I am awesome today!

Off to cub scout camp this weekend. I hope I survive!

After a week and a half there is progress on the potty training! He is finally going without being told to go- and no accidents all day! It's a good thing because preschool starts in 11 days.

I sent my Alex to Kindergarten today. He was so excited, I am so excited for him. Then why am I crying?

Why do my children wake up so early? Sleep in! I don't start being a mom until 7:00.

After a week at Disneyland and the sunny Southern California beaches, it's back to reality today. I can tell you that the kids are NOT going to be happy when their alarms go off!

What a great weekend. My sister Jill got married and all the family was in town, I love my brothers and sisters. The kids loved playing with their cousins. It was such a great wedding and we are so glad to add Jimmie to our family. Yea Jill!

Last night we had 2 neighbors bring us treats (thanks, by the way). I took them to the kitchen and then I left. When I got home my family was eating the cookies and drinking the hot chocolate. My 5 year old said, "Mom! Someone broke into our house and brought us cookies and hot chocolate!"

2012

4 year old came in to talk to me as I was getting ready for the day. He said, "mom, I am hungry". I asked him if he finished his breakfast, he said yes. I told him that we would get him some more food. We walked into the kitchen and I asked him to sit at the table. He said, "I don't want to". I told him that I was getting him some more food. He said "I am not hungry."
This is what I deal with.

My six year old has a girlfriend. For the last 2 years I have heard all about how they are getting married. Well today he was obsessing about volcanoes in Hawaii. We looked them up on the internet and found out that there are 7 volcanoes on the big island. There are also 2 volcanoes on a couple of the other islands. Alex said, "So, there are 7 volcanoes on the big island? Well, I need to talk to Anna." I didn't know that was connected to Anna and asked him why. "Because we cannot live on the big island. When we get married we are going to live in Hawaii- but not the big island"

I just ate a tomato from my garden. It was so flavorful. Tomatoes from the grocery store taste like nothing.

Jaxon had an assignment this weekend. We had to print it off of the teachers web site. He asked me to print it for him. It was not printing right and I couldn't copy paste it, it was really lame. I asked Andre if he could do it and it took him forever. We got it printed and Jaxon did the assignment. Then he showed it to me. The assignment was for him to observe us trying to print it- and having a hard time. Then writing down our emotions. I am still wondering if that is funny or lame.

First day of Preschool for my youngest! I will be all alone for 2 hours! What will I ever do with myself?

We just watched Swiss Family Robinson with our boys. It was made in 1960 so it is old. I remember this movie so much from my childhood and I wasn't sure if it would translate well for my (current day) action movie kids. They loved it!

Typical Janelle fail: FHE treat last night. I have been trying new recipes lately and thought I would try one for chocolate truffles. I had all the ingredients that I needed and I had read through the instructions a few times. As I was melting the chocolate in the makeshift double boiler, I looked at the instructions to see the next step. It said cool in the fridge for 4 hours. 4 hours! I only had 1/2 hour until bed time. How I missed that step in my previous reads I don't know. So I decided to finish melting the chocolate and we would have something else. As I was stirring the chocolate in my glass bowl over the boiling water (exactly what the instructions said BTW) All of a sudden, my glass bowl shattered. I guess it got too hot. SO... moral of the story- Janelle cannot make just one mistake at a time- it is usually multiple

Went to a haunted corn maze with Tanner. I didn't think I would ever go to one of those again, but Andre said that he has had his turn. It was alright until I got scared and grabbed the lady in front of me. Then I realized that I didn't know her and I should probably let go. fun times.

I was so tired as we drove home today. We got home, all the kids got out of the car and I stayed in. It was warm and quiet. I fell asleep and woke up an hour and a half later! That was the first nap I have had in a long time that was not interrupted by, "moooom". I don't think the kids knew where I was.

Getting an extra hour does not help me at all. My kids wake up at the same time whether the clocks say 7 or 6. I wish "they" would just leave the clocks alone.

I am not in the mood for snow. Not.

Alex fell at school on Tuesday. His shoulder/ collar bone area hurt but not too much. He just never used his arm and complained periodically. I finally took him to the doctor today. Yep, broke his clavicle. He will be wearing a sling for 6 weeks. He is sad that he won't be playing basketball this year.

I can't believe it. It is not even December and I just picked up my Christmas cards (thanks to Joanna Young!) I am never this organized.

12 year old at breakfast: "Mom, Captain Crunch is bad for you. I am going to go get a different kind of cereal so I can live until I am 80." He can back with Lucky Charms. How is that better?

I tried to make a new blog post. It tells me that I have run out of space for pictures and that I have to purchase more. Has this happened to anyone else?

No comments: