You should click on this picture so you can see it a little bigger.
I had to read this a few times to try to understand.
Why does Alex want us all to hurl? (or hearl as he spelled it.)
I finally had to ask him. It turns out that Alex has "a dream that everyone could learn". It just has some creative spelling. He is a great student and a great writer. He does his work without a lot of help from his parents or teacher. This was just so funny I had to share.
Also...
Jaxon has a new favorite scripture. He shared it with me. it turns out that it is a new favorite chapter in the old testament. I have to say that I have read the scriptures a lot. But the old testament not so much. I have read a lot of it, but not all of it and a lot of it that I did read, was hard to read and went in one ear and out the other. I have never heard of this story.
Because this is so bizarre and out there I am surprised that I have never heard of it before. I give this to you without any explanation of what it means because I don't know.
Judges chapter 3
15 But when the children of Israel cried unto the Lord, the Lord raised them up a deliverer, Ehud the son of Gera, a Benjamite, a man lefthanded: and by him the children of Israel sent a present unto Eglon the king of Moab.
16 But Ehud made him a dagger which had two edges, of a cubit length; and he did gird it under his raiment upon his right thigh.
19 But he himself turned again from the quarries that were by Gilgal, and said, I have a secret aerrand unto thee, O king: who said, Keep silence. And all that stood by him went out from him.
20 And
Ehud came unto him; and he was sitting in a summer parlour, which he
had for himself alone. And Ehud said, I have a message from God unto
thee. And he arose out of his seat.
21 And Ehud put forth his left hand, and took the dagger from his right thigh, and thrust it into his belly:
22 And the ahaft
also went in after the blade; and the fat closed upon the blade, so
that he could not draw the dagger out of his belly; and the dirt came
out.
23 Then Ehud went forth through the porch, and shut the doors of the aparlour upon him, and locked them.
24 When he was gone out, his servants came; and when they saw that, behold, the doors of the parlour were locked, they said, Surely he covereth his feet in his summer chamber.
25 And
they tarried till they were ashamed: and, behold, he opened not the
doors of the parlour; therefore they took a key, and opened them: and, behold, their lord was fallen down dead on the earth.
Jaxon thinks it is awesome that it calls the guy "a very fat man" in the scriptures.
He also gets really excited when the foot and a half sword goes all the way in the very fat man.
My comment is why are we getting such gross detail. What is the point here. AND I was suprised to read that they has a "summer parlour".
Who knew that the old testament was so interesting. I should read it again.

1 comment:
Hahaha I kind of remember that story now!! Heelarious. That's cool you guys are reading the Old Testament.
Post a Comment