Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Summer stuff

For 7 or 8 years I have been collecting ideas of stuff to do with kids mostly from Family Fun Magazine.  I have all these ideas collected and they have been collecting dust.  I could not do a lot of these while I had babies, or toddlers. During school is hard because we are so busy.  I had no more excuses. I promised myself and the kids that we would do a lot of them this summer.   Here are a few.

A tinfoil river with bottle lid boats.


Shaving cream prints. 
Shaving cream on pan, drop food coloring on it...
Swirl it around
Then lightly press a piece of paper on it and let it dry.

Water hockey on a tarp. Super fun.




Ocean in a bottle.
(We put too much food coloring in because it is hard to see all the sea shells and stuff. )
Water balloons. My kids are obsessed with water balloons.


Water balloons on a trampoline.


Shooting bubbles out of the sky with squirt bottles.


Remember that tarp from hockey? It turned into a slip and slide.


We also did a version of bocce and other outdoor type ball games. We have more things we are going to do, but life got busy and I got tired. More to come....

1 comment:

Carie said...

Lots of fun! I've been wanting to do a tinfoil river for a long time. I should do that! I'm stealing the water balloons on the trampoline idea!