Monday, June 24, 2013

Busy

School got out a few weeks ago. The lazy days of summer have arrived. Except I have not been lazy yet. And dang it, I like to be lazy.

Well, Tanner had to get his tonsils out one week into the summer break. So I told him that we would go crazy and do tons of stuff before his surgery so he would be tired and want to lay around for 2 weeks. 

So, the first week of summer break we went...

to Extreme Air- trampoline place

Mini golfing

to see how donuts are made (and sample some- yum)

bowling

to see baby goats

swimming (since the lame herriman resevoir is STILL closed)

to Tracy Aviary
   

to Seven Peaks
 

Of course we have to have Jaxon's favorite thing... Cheese tasting day. This should be a national holiday if you ask Jaxon. I really liked how we did it this year. We focused on the palate cleansers. 

We would all try a piece of cheese then have one of the treats on our plates. It worked out great and yummy. It did not seem like a lot of food, but I was full.



So, we had Tanner's surgery and we did rest for a couple of days.Or he did, I had stuff to do.

Fathers day came and we had a great one.

My parents came over, my dad is so amazing.


The next day Andre had his knee surgery.
(isn't he lucky that he gets to wear those white tights for 3 weeks?)
So our living room was like a hospital with every one laying around all day :)
It is fun trying to remember medicine schedules and trying to find things that Tanner wants to eat.



Then, my nephews from Arizona came up to play.  
We went to one of our favorite places in Millcreek canyon.

They make things out of duct tape and sticks and water bottles. They made boats for the river, and tomahawks for throwing at things. Duct tape is a great thing for boys.

 Chase made a bow and arrow and it kind of worked!

We also went to Antelope Island. Jeff and Allie's boys had never been. I told them that it is NOT a tropical island paradise, it is kind of gross. But they had a lot of fun.

Um, ya, Tanner insisted that he felt fine. So we took him.

I don't know if you can click on the picture and see the flies near P's feet. That is so gross. But the boys kind of had fun running and then watching the flies fly away in these cool waves.

C was the only one who tried to float in the lake. I talked to 3 people who were from all over the country who came just to float in the lake. 

I love my nephews and I'm glad that I got to spend time with them.


Oh yea, In the middle of all that, I also got to spend a day with the most darling scout group. At a day hike activity. I had fun. I hope they did too.

This week, I am not doing anything. Really. But maybe I had better clean my house. It kind of needs it.

2 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

You guys always do the funnest stuff! That would e the activities for my entire summer! And with two surgeries to boot!

Jill said...

Janelle- you amaze me! Talk about a fun summer and it has only just begun!!! Your kids are so lucky to have you as a mom! Hope everyone is healing well!!!