Sunday, July 7, 2013

Latest Excitement

It rained at our house. It was a huge storm. We were in awe about how much rain came down and it kept on going. for like 15-20 minutes.  I forgot to take pictures until  it was basically over. But this might be the biggest storm I have ever seen. You can see how the water is just pouring over the gutters because there was no where else for it to go. Just imagine that much water pouring out of the sky. For 20 minutes.
I took lame pictures, but I have seen some awesome pictures on facebook taken by my neighbors. You can see that we had a river pouring down the golf course.
The kids went over to the gully near our house and it had filled with water.





This year has been weird for Andre and I. We are used to being able to do whatever we like with the kids. This year we have been hurt or recovering from surgeries a lot. We had a Saturday a week or so ago, with nothing planned. We would usually do some kind of hike or something. We did hike but we were very careful that we picked a very easy hike. Silver Lake is so beautiful, and it is an easy stroll around the lake. 


Andre turned 40 a week ago. 
We had our traditional ice cream guessing contest. 
It is pretty easy, but the point is that Andre gets lots of ice cream. 
(I also turned 40 a few weeks before him.) 40 is old.
Over the hill even.
The fire totally melted his icecream before he could blow it out.

Fourth of July! We went to Seven Peaks Provo- super fun.

Then we went to West Jordan to watch fireworks.

It is hard t o take pictures of us watching fireworks. It is just boring.
But, here you can see that Chase chews on grass.

1 comment:

Cathryn said...

40? Already? How did that happen? You're both way too young for that!