And we got to go right down to them and explore them.
I can not imagine in 1200 ish AD deciding that living on the face of a cliff would be appealing. But I guess it was. Look how big this one is.
We explored a lot of different sites at Mesa Verde. At first they lived on the top of the plateau in homes and villages like these. Then they moved to the cliffs.
Jaxon read the information to us as we walked around.
Some of these places were kind of challanging to get to- and we have stairs. The people who lived here were rock c limbers.
It was really cool to explore here.
We camped here and had a lot of fun.
It rained a lot, but the kids liked to play in the rain. They played in the street a lot.
Can you see the deer right behind Chase? We saw a lot of deer right in our campsite.
The LAST day we were there, in fact we had our tents down and we were packing up, the campground people came by and told us that there were rattlesnakes in those very trees. Rattlesnakes. I am still freeked out about that. Don't you think we should have a little bit of warning that right in the campground there are known rattlesnakes? Also that they like to be in the very woods that children like to play in? Whoa. I am so glad we were safe. Tanner told me that he saw a rattle snake that first day and I told him that it was probably something else. They wouldn't let people camp where rattlesnakes are. Well, I was wrong.
To sum up: Mesa Verde- awesome, Rattlesnakes- scary
No comments:
Post a Comment