Saturday, July 13, 2013

webelos camp

I have been a Webelos leader for almost 5 years. I love it (most of the time). This year I went to camp with my Tanner! Camp is pretty fun, I especially enjoyed this year. Here are a few pictures of what we did.

Archery


Chess

BB Guns

Yes, this year I have 12 Webelos. That is a huge group. A super fun group of friends for Tanner.

There were a few "sit and listen" classes. The boys did pretty well, and earned a lot of badges.


Row boating!



Learning Boondoggle

Swimming! They earned a badge in swimming so they learned a bunch of things, swimming with a life vest,

How to be rescued,
How to rescue,
and how to rescue again


It is a fun camp and I enjoy being with the kids while they have these experiences. Jaxon was also at Scout camp this week (I have no pictures of that however.) He had fun, but I have not heard much about it since he got home at midnight and he is still asleep. He did sailing, wilderness survival (sleeping out in his own shelter that he built), and a bunch of other stuff was planned that I don't remember.

Scouting is so good for my kids. They get new experiences that I could never provide for them, they learn to set goals and achieve them, they get to be with their friends, there are no screens for a week, and in Jaxon's case- he learned to survive without us for a week. All good life skills :)

No comments: