Thursday, July 25, 2013

Dead Horse Point

We went on a vacation! We went a lot of different places, so I thought I would just do a blog about each place.

The first day we drove all the way down to southern Colorado. We needed a place to stop and get out and let the kids run around. We went to Dead Horse Point (near Moab). I went here when I was around 12 or 14 and have always remembered it being incredible. It was. It may have even been more beautiful then I remembered. 

We went with my brother and sister in law and their 4 beautiful daughters. (lest you think that we dressed one of our kids in pink.)

Come on, this is beautiful, no?

Look at that blue water- amazing.
(and Jaxon's coonskin hat is amazing in it's own way- no?)

Cute boys.

Yes, this place served it's purpose as a place to get energy out.
 I think every rock there was climbed on by someone.

The view goes on forever. This is the Colorado river.
The same river that makes Lake Powell and made the Grand Canyon.


All of a sudden, my baby does not look remotely like a baby. 
He is sooo grown up. And acts grown up- mostly.

Look at that sky. I did not alter the picture in anyway. That cloud IS that white. Beautiful.

I am so glad that they had those walls up. I was a little bit freaked out about kids falling off those 2000 foot cliffs.

A family picture! 
Too bad I was wearing my
"I am going to be in the car all day so I'm wearing comfy not cute clothes"

I just like this picture.

We were only there for less then an hour, but it was so worth it.

No comments: