"My name is Jaxon and I am 14. Therefore, I will not look pleasant in a picture. Because of this my mom likes to take more pictures of me then she would normally do."
So this "Joseph Smith sphinx" statue exists.
So does this statue but I never figured out what it was.
This exists also.
Gilgal Gardens in Salt Lake- kind of near Trolley Square.
A man spent his life making sculptures for his backyard and now it is a park. Most of them are religious in nature. Well, maybe all of them- but I didn't figure them all out.
This has to be Bible, Book of Mormon, D and C, and Pearl of Great Price.
This is Nebuchadnezzar's dream with the statue with a gold head, breast of silver, bronze belly, legs iron, feet mix of clay and iron.
You should check it out sometime. It is weird and oddly cool.
The parents are still trying to move. My mom has been in Arizona helping Jill with her kids so things have slowed down. But we did clean out a shed...
and clean out under their deck...
and take garbage out to the street. (Sandy city picks it up for them. I wish we had that)
Jaxon had a concert to go to for band. We know about it all quarter, but of course we don't do it until the last minute. We went to the Tabernacle Choir! Since we don't have to go to church until 1:00 we had plenty of time. Guess what? The boys were all able to sit still and listen the whole time! Just a few years ago it would never have happened. Amazing.
I have a collection of pictures with my boys and the temples. Now I have a good one with the Salt Lake temple.
It is spring !
Tanner did a report about Harry Houdini. He had to dress like him (straight jacket) and memorize a speech about his life. Everyone was invited to come see. They said their speech over and over whenever anyone came to their table. He said it 10 times while I was there. I am sure he must has said it 30 times total during the hour. (It is about 2 minutes long)
His teacher grading him!
So we have had a plethora of minor holidays lately. Friday the 13th, Pi day, Ides of March, and St. Patrick's day. Most of them I have great ideas (for example, make a pie- didn't happen) but we mostly ignored them. because life is also going on. We have stuff to do!
St Patrick's day we do have a tradition. And I do try to remember it.
Rainbow pancakes and rainbow fruit.
It's a favorite meal!
(My name is Jaxon and I am 14 and I refuse to look pleasant in a picture)
When cleaning out under my parents deck, we brought all of their wood to our house. We got out Andre's Christmas present and had our selves a little fire. The first of many. I am sure.
Jaxon had had a band concert and had tons of homework but came out for a minute.
The problem is that we are going to smell like smoke a lot more often now. Bleh!
So that is the first part of March. There was also a lot of homework, complaining about homework, lacrosse starting, scout stuff, choirs, piano playing and friend playing. I have driven to the kids school wayyyy too many times. I am done watching Once Upon a Time and will not watch TV in the morning again until I accomplish a lot in my house. Andre started playing soccer and is really busy at his work. Lots of budget stuff, board meetings, HR issues, his boss is retiring so he has to do a lot to help hire someone else. Lots of crazy stuff is always happening.
The sun is out and beautiful. It reminds me of another warm March day. The most important day of the month or year - Our anniversary is today!
Sixteen years!

No comments:
Post a Comment