Monday, March 16, 2015

Time to get outside

We didn't go and do a lot of things this winter. You know- foot surgery and coldness and general laziness and stuff.

Spring has come early with warm temps and sun shine. Spring sports are almost upon us and with that comes busy Saturday games and practices. A couple of weeks ago we had a Saturday with nothing going on.  We had never seen "Meet the Mormons" so we decided to head down to the Joseph Smith Building to see it. It was really good. I really liked it.

While we were there we decided to walk around Temple square because it has been a while since we had done that. My older boys have done it more then the younger ones and I wanted to make it different. We had a scavenger hunt. (look it up on pinterest- I just printed it out). I had the boys take pictures of the things they found. I also added a few things of my own. Things that they could add their own spin to- "something shiny, a crazy door, something that strengthens your testimony."

I took pictures- not of the things to find- but of the boys taking pictures.

Crazy door

The lion face
crazy door 2

Fire hydrant

Me! I am in a picture!

Something shiny

So tired

The conference center tower

I just like this picture
We were on teams. Andre and the older boys took a few pictures but then got distracted by wanting to listen to every video in the south visitors center. So These are the only pictures of them.



So... here are some of their pictures of the scavenger hunt. Some of these I have no idea how they are connected to the scavenger hunt.
Like this one...?

Or this one. Maybe this is "something funny"?

Alex took this of Chase
 

Chase took this of Alex

"Weird door"

"Something about the world"
A lion statue We had a lot of pictures from the pinterest scavenger hunt that we had to find. I don't have them all on this blog. They were mostly stone or metal statues.

Random picture of me.

"Something shiny"

Lion face

"Something shiny"

"Something funny"

Random picture of my phone

The dancing statue

Random picture of me

"Something shiny"

"Something that strengthens my testimony"

"Something shiny"

"Something growing" (moss)

"Something shiny"

"A weird door"

"Something that makes me happy"

"Something having to do with the world"

Random picture of Andre (don't tell him that his hair is getting so thin in the back)

"Weird door"

"Something shiny"

"Weird door"
You can tell which ones were fun to find or you could find lots of. They had fun finding things to take pictures of. There are a lot more pictures then I can show on this blog but is long enough as it is.

It was good to get outside and do things. I like the outdoors.

No comments: