Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Valley of Fire

We went to a really cool place.  I had not ever heard of until a year ago when my in-laws went there. It is in Nevada in-between Mesquite and Las Vegas.

It is Be U tiful.


This is Elephant rock. Can you see the elephant?

Can you now?

Then my kids started climbing  the mountains right near the elephant

And they didn't really stop climbing for a long time.

I just waited for them near the bottom, waiting for picture opportunities.

Like this.

I tried to get a picture of each of my kids.




They loved climbing all over the rocks.


We went on a really cool hike to see the wave.

This was my view on the hike- ahead of me...
behind me...

This is when we got there. We thought it was cool- but not a big deal. Then we saw it!

It was pretty cool.






Then we hiked around the area.



There are so many cool pictures that I just can not put them all. Here are a few



We didn't know Chase had that magnifying lens until we saw this picture. It makes it an even better picture.


I took this picture and then I heard Andre tell Tanner- I don't think mom wants to see where you are right now. Andre is looking at where Tanner is sitting. He was on a cliff kind of like the one Jaxon is standing on but he was in one of those cave things. Only a 20-30 foot drop. That is all. 





There was not a cloud in sight. But there were a lot of airplane trails.



There were stairs up to the Atlatl rock. I started up to see them. I got about half way up and realized that I might not make it all the way up. I was having a lot of panic because of the height. I have always been leary about heights. But it really hasn't affected me. This really got me. I could see through the stairs and at times there was nothing under you (not shown in the picture). I made it to the top and then hurried back down. It was nice to be on the ground. I did not even look at the petroglyphs that were up there. I was just focused on getting back down.


See this mountain? This is the kind of mountain that the boys climbed.

Can you see them in this zoomed in picture?

Can you see them now?  Andre has a yellow shirt
I love the combination of the red rocks and the blue sky.

This was a fun place to go. Especially if you like to climb mountains. .

No comments: