Tuesday, July 5, 2016

The Fourth of July

To start off the festivities to celebrate our nation's birthday, we went on a hike

We went to Timp Falls. You can see the back of Mt Timpanogos in the background.

It was about a mile up and a mile down. (I like the down part a lot better).

We got to the falls!


It was so beautiful- and Chase learned about stinging nettle.

Alex was hot so he dipped his hat in the water so it would cool him off. All of a sudden- it looked like his head was bleeding. I guess this hat had never gotten wet before and the color was bleeding.

Cute picture!


Then we hiked up to the next level falls- just a little bit more up the hill. 

Andre and Tanner crossed the stream. The other boys either didn't want to or their shoes were too new for me to let them walk in the water. 

Andre took this cool picture

Here is a picture of me taking a picture. I put it in here because That is what I do.

Chase found a butterfly.

Waterfalls are a great destination on hikes.

I guess the light shining off of waterfall was messing with the focus on the cameras because most of the pictures were blurry. But here is one that is not!

We made it home and rested all afternoon. Then we had a bbq. Yum- grilled chicken and pineapple.



Then we went to West Jordan park to wait for fireworks. I bought pop-its for the boys to play with while we waited. That was a hit. That was really fun for them to play with.

I went to the store looking for glow sticks. They didn't have any. I found glow-markers.

They had fun playing with those for a while- the papers that that colored on were actually stickers- and they glowed too.


I only got one good picture of a firework. Here it is! 

Happy Fourth of July!

No comments: