Saturday, August 26, 2017

Birthdays, School, and Denver

Mid August is a busy time for our family. It is a good busy. School starts, we have two birthdays, peaches ripen, and Andre is always on a business trip. Those things always end up happening on the same week. That happened again this year... so here are some pictures documenting these events. 

A lot of these pictures are not great. weird lighting and stuff. So I will never print these. So a blog is a great place for them to go. 


School started for my younger three on the 16th. It was way too early. I wanted them home for a couple more days. But they went anyway. 

 Ninth Grade


Sixth Grade!


 Fourth Grade

 They left and I had some bonding time with Jaxon- Shopping for school clothes. My brother in law and his kids are always saying "Chicken Nugget" so we had to take a picture of this shirt. 

Tanner's birthday dinner! We went to Famous Daves. Tanner got the appetizer tray. All for himself. 

Tanner had a late over and invited the guys from the neighborhood over to hang out. 

I did not want to be the annoying mom, so I just took a few pictures out of the window. 
 These were spike ball and croquet.

 Tanner set up ping pong, cup stacking, and air hockey tournaments downstairs. 
 I didn't even know he did that. I just provided food. 

Jaxon's birthday dinner. Sushi! Jaxon is really bummed out that his parents don't like sushi. But we told him that we would go with him for his birthday dinner. 
We were all adventurous and tried 4 different kinds of sushi. Jaxon liked it the most, then tanner. The rest of us ate it but didn't get seconds. 


 Then we went to see the play Brigadoon at the Scera Shell theatre. This is always fun. But I forgot how cold it gets and the kids were wearing shorts and t- shirts. Chase was cold before the sun went down. Here we are playing cards until it started. 


 Then Andre went off to Denver. He didn't take any pictures in Denver. He was at a conference and that is not exciting. He went bowling. He walked around and saw the state capital building. He didn't feel the need to take pictures of that.

 Sunday was Tanner's actual birthday. He requested Crepes as his birthday meal. 

 Crepes are yummy!
 Tanner is FOURTEEN years old.

 Then we had the "Great American Eclipse" A few weeks before the eclipse I saw glasses in the store and decided to buy some. Good thing I did, because they were hard to come by. Usually I am the one that does not plan ahead. Point for me!  My mom came over and we watched it all morning. Jaxon was with us until he went to work. Then he got to go out a couple of times while he was at work.  
 It was so cool. It was way cooler than I thought it would be. It makes me want to go back in time and drive to Idaho to see the whole eclipse. 

 I put the glasses over my camera lens to try to get a picture of the crescent sun. It didn't work. 

Here is our peach crop this year. Super sad. Really sad. 
But we did have peaches and ice cream. My favorite peach dessert. 

Every year I wish I could choose when the peaches ripen because it never falls at a convenient time. This year It was convenient- because it was super easy to cut up two peaches. Hopefully we don't get a late frost next year and we can bottle up some more peachy goodness. 

I took a picture of the 3 boys with their glasses. They watched the eclipse at school. 
 Getting back into the habbit of not doing screens every second of their lives. 

Jaxon requested his favorite dinner for his birthday- sweat and sour meatballs. We had to do it on the 21st since his birthday was too busy.  He got home from work, I presented him with his dinner and they all watched Dr. Who for a few hours. 
 This was also his last day of freedom. School started the next day. 

Here he his staring into his future... Uh, I mean not really wanting a picture taken. 

Here is my new seventeen year old- heading off for his senior year of school. 

That night was a young mens, young womens activity. It was an outdoor BBQ. But of course it was cold and rainy.  I tried to snap a few pictures of the priest table. All of these guys have been Jaxon's friends throughout his life. 

It was kind of dark so the pictures are not great. 
 In this one, you can see Tanner and his table of friends in the background. 


And... it begins. Jaxon doing homework. He has a great attitude and some really fun classes. It should be a good year. 


Ya, the little boys came home from back to school night with stars in their eyes. They wanted to be in the school orchestra! Alex wanted the viola, and Chase the violin. So- that begins too. They have pretty good attitudes with the piano, so we let them. 
 Chase wanted to play because "I want to stay busy so I don't get bored". Alex has wanted to play a stringed instrument for a long time. I kept trying to push band, but he did not want anything to do with that. 

Then, we have Jaxon's game day birthday thing. It was up to Jaxon and I provide food. This is at the beginning and more guys ended up coming. They played a lot of games. 


That is the end of birthday, Denver, peaches, school starting week. 

I am tired. But I am so glad that I am not canning peaches right now. 

No comments: