Friday we played some games that we used to do a lot and we have not done in a while. Charades is always fun with our kids, and we have a fun drawing game that the kids used to love. We did it, and it was fun, but they don't love it anymore. Then we watched part of a movie. Around the world in 80 days
Saturday we went to East Canyon reservoir. Last time we did this was during Jaxon's summer of working a lot- so he didn't come. So we had to take him up there and show him our cool boat.
How many people can fit on our boat?
Five! we never did try 6- but I did go out into the lake. It is very relaxing unless you get in-between warring brothers. There is a lot of splashing out on the lake.
That night we had the missionaries over for dinner so I had all the food made, I just had to heat it up. (That's what I did all Friday, I had forgotten). After dinner I was super exhausted and fell asleep. Then we watched the rest of Around the World in 80 days.
Sunday was church. I didn't have a meeting before or after church! With young womens, I usually have lots to do before, during and after church. That day, not so much. I took the younger three to a park that they used to enjoy- because it is great weather and they should be outside enjoying it. While we were at the park we saw that there had been a chalk contest. We saw that one of our neighbors had entered. This is her drawing.
In the evening we did a weird activity. We had been talking about some of our favorite childrens books that we read a TON when they were little. So we each chose a few favorites and read them to each other. We also started getting missionary emails from my nephew Parker! We had fun reading that. My nephew Connor came home from his mission in July and we have missed missionary letters since then. Then we started watching Rouge One. I have only seen it once and it is a good movie. But my two older boys "don't like star wars". Wait- who are they related to? They are weird.
Monday, Andre took the 3 younger boys on a bike ride. Jaxon and I don't have bikes. I did laundry and shopping and my normal Monday things. Andre got home and he and Jaxon washed the van and vacuumed it really good. It had a very funky smell. Then he washed the windows. I was going to help him, but then I was making dinner and doing laundry and he did not want to wait for me- so it was all him. The house looks really great now. He was super motivated. The kids played with friends and did screens and stuff. Tanner went swimming with some friends. Then Joanna and Grandma came over for a barbecue. Burgers are so yummy. It was a school night so only had time for one game and then It was time to make sure all homework was done and regular bedtime.
Then Labor Day weekend was over.
Alex has been so excited for this week. Up with Kids started and Orchestra started. Both Alex and Chase are in orchestra and they LOVE it so far. We also had 3 kids scout activities, young womens, and Hapkido. (Have I mentioned lately that Tanner is amazing at that?) Jaxon is working as his activity. And Alex and Chase have piano. Even with all the activities, it has not been too bad. I am busier, but it is manageable. Other things we have been working on this week is Tanner's Eagle project and Jaxon's foot surgery. Tanner's will be hopefully on Sept 19th and Jaxon's on Oct 2nd. Jaxon has been in a lot of pain when ever he walks or stands for a long time. He has been wearing my "boot" to work ever since August because his foot hurts so badly. Hopefully the surgery will help. I finally got motivated on my projects that have been in my bedroom for months. I am getting the scrapbooks updated.
This weekend we had our Stake fair. Andre got a little cold- given to him by Alex and Chase who both had mild colds this week too. Chase went to help my friend practice giving a test, I went to a baby blessing, the boys have tons of friends at my house currently. I cut Alex's hair, and Jaxon worked all day. We have the BYU Utah game tonight. It starts at 8:15. That is a lame time for a game.
So- I guess I published this before the end of the weekend. I meant to finish it today and then publish it. But, oh well, I am sure not many people read my blog anyway. Probably no one noticed.
Joanna came over before the game and we played some "Sushi Go". That is a fun game. We went to my moms to watch the blue/red game. We had one kid that was slightly interested in the game (Tanner). Chase was almost asleep by the time 9:00 hit. So I took the boys home at the quarter. On the way home we saw a skunk run across the road near our house. That was weird. So BYU ended up loosing. It was lame.
Sunday was good. I had a bunch of young women stuff. Andre gave a talk in Sacrament meeting and he taught his Sunday school class. The boys are good kids. I love listening to Jaxon bless the sacrament. And now Tanner is doing the teacher things. After church we had dinner and made a dessert and took it over to my moms for grandparents day. I didn't know about that "holiday" until I saw something on facebook- but we just wanted to eat cookies with her.
Then the weekend was over and so is this post.






No comments:
Post a Comment