Saturday, September 30, 2017

Stuff that happened


Here is a list of things that happened and just few pictures.

Lots of yard work. Seriously, I didn't do much weeding this summer. So the weeds took over. I think we finally took control a few weeks ago. Even my mom came over to help.

I have presidency meetings. The Young Women Presidency is pretty awesome and I am happy to get to know these ladies.

Andre goes out visiting with the full time missionaries. Andre is the ward mission leader. I don't know if I have ever talked about that on my blog. So he gets to go visiting. He gets to visit with people in the neighborhood- some that he knows, some that he doesn't know. He enjoys it.

I got my hair cut! That is always a joyous occasion. I had put it off too long this time so my hair was all kinds of crazy.

We went to say goodbye to my nephew Josh who joined the Marines. He wasn't there but we saw his family. He is off to boot camp. Hard stuff!

The boys are enjoying orchestra. Alex and Chase love being musical. They are learning hand positions and plucking the notes.

Chase is doing cub scouts. My last cub scout and he loves it. Chase has a really nice personality. Easy going, likes everything and is just happy most of the time.

Tanner is continuing Hap ki do. His teacher (Master Haile) is changing the class a bit emphasizing grappling more. (I guess grappling is more like wrestling) Tanner is currently a blue belt.

I picked up my brother John from the airport. He is here working for a week. It was awesome to see him.

Braces make me crazy! Brackets always falling off, Alex's teeth just don't seem to want to grow in correctly. He may need braces to pop out a tooth that is growing behind the bottom teeth. Chase may need head gear to align his jaw so that braces are not so hard. Jaxon will not wear his rubber bands so he will NEVER get his braces off.

Missionary activities this month. The older boys had a missionary activity this month with the youth. They worked on getting points by doing certain missionary activities. They had mission presidents, companionship study, and had a fun activity at the end of the month.

I had a stake YW meeting that I was really impressed with. It was how we can help the girls with their testimonies so that they can be strong when they leave Young women. It was cool and I am excited to work on this.

Alex had a scout camp. The 11 year old scouts went on an over night camp. I was worried because it was super cold and snowed where they were going to camp. But they changed the location and it was still cold- but do-able. Alex had a lot of fun.




Tanner and Jaxon went to comic con. For their birthdays Jaxon and Tanner got tickets to comic con. They love it. They just wander around and look at all the geeky stuff. The funny part of this was that Jaxon really wanted to go to a "Magic the Gathering" pre- release. These are a big deal in his world. So because he would be at comic con all day Saturday, he went to the 12 am pre-release. So he went to bed after school on Friday, woke up at 11pm. Went to magic at midnight and came home at 7:00 am. Then they left for Comic Con at 8:00am.



It got super cold and rainy this weekend. I'm not so excited for winter. Autumn is nice if it stays kind of warm weather.

I had breakfast with my friends from college. Lisa and Regina are two of the most amazing people ever. I love it when we can get together.



We had dinner with John with all the Utah family. Alex had been camping and then straight to a birthday party at a trampoline place so he was exhausted. Chase has been waking up early on Saturday mornings so he can play games on the computer. So he was exhausted. This was the day that Jaxon had been up all night and all day. We had really yummy Thai food with tired people.

General women's meeting. I got to watch the meeting with my mommy! In my comfy clothes at her house. I love this new tradition.

Mission prep before church! Jaxon started to go to mission prep before church on sundays. He was supposed to start when school started but we could never remember. Yea for remembering.

The primary program was this Sunday. I only have 2 in primary now and they are so cute. The songs were good and they boys knew their parts really well.

Sunday, we had dinner with My mom, John and Joey again. My mom makes the best roast. Then we played Chameleon. This is a new game Tanner bought. It is kind of a fun game.

Piano lessons. The younger boys are still taking piano lessons. They are doing great. Alex loves the songs that he is playing and is really progressing. this month he started playing hymns from the hymn book!

I have a FHE plan that I hope continues. We are doing a church history lesson each Monday leading up to a church history trip we want to take next summer.

We are so exited to get new missionary emails! My nephew Parker is currently in the MTC and sends really fun emails each week. We loved getting my nephew Connor's emails- now we are getting more!

We got a dumpster last week to get rid of lots of the junk in our yard. I am so excited that all the junk is out of our side yard!

Jaxon's last day of work was last Tuesday. He is having surgery and wont be able to work for a while. He is so excited to be done with Wendy's. But I was super impressed with his work ethic and responsibility that he had while he worked there.

Alex loves loves loves Up with Kids. This year it is an Ariel/ Moanna storyline.

Jaxon had a day off of school and he learned how to make California rolls. He is a sushi lover.


Alex has scouts on Wednesday nights. He loves it. He has great friends and leaders.

Andre took the boys to the temple on Wednesday. They went right at dinner time and it was not busy at all. They were super fast. This is good, because then they can fit in more trips to the temple.

I had a lunch with my friends on Thursday. We have had this lunch group for about 8-9 years. It is really nice to see each other and catch up with our busy lives (even though one of my friends had a lot of stress right now and we were all worried for her). And we made my favorite- Café Rio. So good! We had it for 3 days after the lunch too. So much work to make that meal, but so worth it.

We had a doctor visit with Jaxon's foot doctor. Just surgery prep. Hopefully all will go well with the surgery. It was nice to talk to him again about how long Jaxon will be needing to keep off of his foot or wearing the boot.

I took Joanna some of the Café Rio for dinner because it is her favorite food- but I could not stay to visit because my visiting teachers were coming to my house. So we made plans for me to go to her house for lunch the next day.

Lunch with Joanna was hysterically funny because there was a mouse in her house. It kept running across the floor and scaring us. Joanna is a screamer apparently.

I have been trying to scrap book since March. I am mostly done. But I just need to be motivated to finish!

I took John back to the airport. It was good to see him! When I got home, I noticed that my neighbor was having a yard sale. I got there pretty early because I had taken my brother to the airport. I got a really cool wall hanging thing and a nice purse and a Luv Sac bean bag chair all for $13. Score!

General Conference was this weekend! I love general conference. The talks were amazing and uplifting. It is fun to hang with the family. The kids were obsessed with building tall things.  They impress me by the comments that they make, I know they are listening.   Andre and the older boys watched priesthood session and then got ice cream afterwards.
 

No comments: