This boy got his Eagle Scout papers done. Done. They are turned in. Done.
We had a "come follow me" lesson on Philippians. The suggestion was that we make a Mormon ad with some of the verses. Jaxon and I were a team. We only had a few minutes so we could not spend a lot of time making it. He started laughing when I drew the first dumbbell. He thought I was going to photoshop it in and make it look real. But we only had a minute left in our time. I asked him what to do on the 2nd weight he was holding. My plan was to draw it like the first one but we literally only had seconds left. So his idea was to change the number on the weight.
It was funny
Alex had his first concert in Elk Ridge Middle Orchestra. It was a halloween costume theme.
Alex also had a speaking part.
Andre took the boys to get pumpkins. I was working. It was a cold day.
We got tickets for the RSL game on Saturday night. I was so excited to go until I found out it was supposed to be super rainy and snowy. So Tanner went with Andre.
Doesn't it look miserable? But they were ok for most of the game. They were in line for hot chocolate but then they ran out of hot chocolate when they were almost to the front of line.
They were soaked when they came home. Like, really really soaked.
But RSL won so that is all that matters.
He can wear costumes to work. So he does. He sent me a picture of himself at lunch wearing his costume at Panda Express.
I had a doctor appointment this week. I have been trying to figure out how to get my asthma under control. I wheeze all of the time. I always have tons of phlegm (so always clearing my throat), and I struggle exercising. I just can't breathe. But if I am just walking, I can walk on a flat surface for a long time. Don't give me stairs or a hill though.
Anyway, my doctor looked at my test results and said that I don't have sleep apnea. (that is good but not a surprise. He thought for sure I did, but Andre said, " I can't sleep, I hear you breathe a lot and you don't have sleep apnea".) He told me I have Asthma (I already knew that). I looked at my chest x-rays and told me that I have a hiatal hernia. This answers a lots of issues that I have had lately- like why do I burp all of the time? Also sometimes I have a lot of shoulder pain and feel full of air- and this is totally a hiatal hernia thing. So I got a new inhaler and we are trying this for a month. We will talk about the other stuff later.
Chase had a fun birthday party for a friend. They went to a paint ball place. They had a ton of fun.
I figured out how to leave work, and pick up both Tanner and Alex from different schools and get them to the orthodontist a 1/2 hour later. This is a feat because of all the challenges that I had to figure out. But that is way too many details to put on here- so just be amazed at my skillz.
I have new people that I minister to and my partner is Lydia. She is 16 and the cutest thing ever. So I have been trying to get to know them better this week.
Chase has a practice for the primary program. He is the oldest kid in primary and this is his last year. He is ready to be in young mens.
Andre worked this week. I don't always talk about that. But he works a lot every week. He is always in meetings, or doing something to do with accounting, IT, or human resources. Sometimes he is firing people or sometimes he is hiring people. Sometimes he is doing budgets or auditors are there. Sometimes it is year end for the fiscal year. Sometime it is year-end for the calendar year. Sometimes he deals with banks and lawyers. He really likes his job most days. Some days he does not. He likes the people that he works with. He really likes that his job is one that helps people. oh, I don't know if I mentioned on here that they changed the name of his work! It used to be The Housing Authority of the County of Salt Lake (HACSL). But now it is Housing Connect. Much better name.









No comments:
Post a Comment