Yesterday we were having our green pancakes and bacon (Jaxon and Tanner’s favorite food) in honor of St. Patrick’s Day. It is not a huge holiday in my mind, but for kids it is up there with the best of holidays. In fact a “leprechaun” visited Jaxon’s class and messed it up. He and his friend were discussing if leprechauns were real or not on the way home from school. I just said that I didn’t know.
Kids: “Mrs. Keetch says they are real and she is a grown up and grown ups don’t lie”.
Me: “Some of them do, if they are bad guys”.
Kids: “Well this grown up does not lie”.
Have I mentioned my fear of the Santa and Easter Bunny issue getting out of hand? Well here is another one.
Getting back to the point. Yesterday we were having our green pancakes and bacon. I was feeding pancakes and other baby stuff to Alex when I realized that there was something weird in his mouth. Upon further inspection I found that he has indeed finally popped out his first tooth. It went pretty smoothly. He didn’t have a fever or major drooling fits lately. He has not cried in the night for unexplained reasons. (well he always goes back to sleep pretty quickly.) My other kids seemed to struggle with teeth a lot more. So here is crossing my fingers that the other 19 pop in with as much ease.
All of my kids got their first teeth around the 11 month mark. Some of my friend’s kids got theirs around 4 months old. So I guess my kids are a little on the late side for getting teeth. In talking to my dentist friend this can sometimes translate into loosing your teeth late. Well Jaxon is 6 ½ and is in first grade and still does not even have a loose tooth. He talks about this all the time. It really bugs him. I tell him that a lot of the kids in his class are almost a year older them him and they have had that much more time to grow the new ones. But that just makes him mad that he is the youngest.
Going back to the leprechaun thing, I wanted to mention 4 leaf clovers. We have 3 or 4 clover patches in our grass that are getting out of hand but they usually are the greenest spots in our pretty pitiful grass. Our kids call it the leprechaun jungle. Jaxon usually looks for a 4 leaf clover. Last fall he was walking through the clover. I was watching him at the time. He was not searching- just walking through- looking down. He said, “hey” and bent down and picked something up. It was a true four leaf clover! I was so amazed. I think of the hours I spent looking for one of those when I was a kid and I never found one.
On the same St. Patrick’s day theme. Tanner is kind of obsessed with Lucky things. "That is my lucky penny, my lucky pencil" etc… But as you will remember, he has issues with L. So everything turns out to be Yucky.
2 comments:
About Santa--Totally agree with the stress of my kids thinking I'm a liar and not trusting me on more important things. Out of the blue a few weeks ago, 4yo said "we don't have a chimney, mom" I can only guess this was about Santa.
Tooth--Hooray for easy teething! I felt like I was drugging up my kids for weeks on end, when they were teething and crabby 24-7
My grandma found a four leaf clover when she was a kid, too. Jaxon will be in my 4 leaf clover hall of fame with my grandma from now on. :)
You can't just go around titling a blog "New Addition" if you're not going to make a really major announcement! I forgot all about your blog and then I remembered - it is so fun to read - thanks, Janelle!
Post a Comment