Jaxon has been in a performing group his year. It is called "Up With Kids". Once a week since August they have been practicing for a musical. This week he performed it twice. I got to see both of them. It was really fun and he loved it. It was mostly the Wizard of Oz and Wicked mixed together. It was also big mix of a lot of things that are popular with the kids. It had Harry Potter stuff, and Where the Wild Things Are, and a bunch of other references to funny things. So... here are some pictures and movies...
Jaxon is in the middle. Behind those girls by the microphone.
He's on the back row- getting ready to perform in "Emerald City's got Talent" show.
Doing Magic for the show.
"Defying Gravity" You can't really see him in this picture. He is on the back row- the tallest one with blondish hair.
Dorothy, Toto, Tinman, Lion, and Scarecrow were not huge parts, but they were funny.
Elphaba and Glinda were bigger parts.
Jaxon in the "Wild Things" scene. He is a drummer.
During his speaking parts. He totally knew his part and would patiently wait for others to remember theirs. A lot of kids just said their lines. He said his with the right inflection so it really meant what he said.
During the finale! 
This video is where he has his speaking parts. He was one of the Wild Things. His name was Golem in the script- but it wasn't brought up in the play. He knew all of his lines and delivered them perfectly.
Jaxon in the "Wild Things" scene. He is a drummer.
Jaxon with his academy award!
This video is where he has his speaking parts. He was one of the Wild Things. His name was Golem in the script- but it wasn't brought up in the play. He knew all of his lines and delivered them perfectly.
This video is of their big number "Defying Gravity". Jaxon is in the back. He is one of the tallest kids. You can't see him well in the beginning, but he moves over towards the end and then you can see him pretty well. I think these songs are in Wicked. I don't really know because I have never seen it.
So, Up With Kids is over. It was fun for him. Mondays will be a lot less chaotic now. Yea!
3 comments:
My kids were in Up with Kids before we moved to Idaho. Nick hated it, Don-Mike loved it. I think it's good experience for them.
AWESOME!!! I am so glad that you put these on here because I really wanted to be there! Jaxon I am so proud! I absolutely love the musical wicked. Now I can listen to it with Jaxon and he can sing a long!:)
Dude how come I never saw this post? ? Those costumes are awesome! So he's done then? He looks so cute!
Post a Comment