Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Big Adventure

This post is being written by Jaxon. Well, actually, I am typing and Jaxon is telling me what to say.

Yesterday we went to downtown Salt Lake. It was fun. We started out on the Trax train. We didn't go very far. We went two stops from where we parked our car. Alex and Chase were SO excited to go inside of a train. We walked over to the Joseph Smith Memorial building. We liked the revolving doors. Tanner and I kept pushing the door around and around. The chandelier was pretty cool, so was the indoor fountain on the top floor. The view is incredible. You can see the top of the temple.

Next we went to the Beehive house. I wanted to go inside because I learned about it at school and I wanted to see a prophet's actual house from the inside. It was cool to see his possessions. Then we were starving. We got some rolls from the Lion House Pantry. They tasted like candy. (Remember that this is Jaxon talking.) After we ate them we went to the Church Office building. We went with the tour guide to the top- the viewing deck. It was the 26th floor. I hate heights. That was the tallest building in Utah so it was terrifying. The view was cool though.


(Jaxon had nothing to say about this picture except AHHHH!)


After we got off the elevator, we had some more rolls. We headed over to the conference center. Dun dun dun... (think scarey movie sound effects)

Inside, we got to see the pipes and the pulpit. Actually, the main pulpit was put away, but it was fun. It was a really big room. It could hold about 21,000 people.

Chase loved the letters on the side of the chairs.

After we were done in the auditorium, we went to the roof. The fountain wasn't on, but it was still fun. We got to see lots of plants on the roof of a building.

On the roof, we saw this quail. I had never seen a quail before. The tour guide said that they live there on the roof. I told my mom she HAD to get a picture of the quail.



We walked and walked and walked. Everyone was complaining about their feet hurting. We laid down on the benches at a restaurant.



It was a good lunch. I had eggs and bacon, I love those two foods, especially together. Bacon is my favorite food you know. Chase was closing his eyes for this picture on Purpose. Mom told him to look at her, so he closed his eyes.



Then we went to the Church History Museum. I was down at the actual educational stuff so I don't know what they did in the kid section. So I'll let mom take over for this one. (mom- Tanner was looking at all the CTR's in different languages.)



(Alex was walking the straight and narrow path.)

(Chase had a lot of fun- but then he found the babies. He loved the babies. I guess it was because he has never played with them before. But he loved putting blankets on them and feeding them and carrying them around. Who Knew? )

Hello, Jaxon is back. I went downstairs and learned about how they made the tabernacle and the pioneers moving into Utah. I especially liked the movie they made about Mrs. Baker and her trip to Utah from London.
I hope you liked this feature presentation by Jaxon.

4 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Good job, Jaxon! Tell your mom she rocks for taking you guys all these cool places, and to give me a suggestion for this week, if you please.

RaNae said...

Good job, Jaxon. I think I'll have to take a tour like this when I get to Salt Lake next. I didn't know you could do things like this on Sunday in Salt Lake.

Layne Bushell said...

Great Commentary Jaxon! Janelle...seriously...did you do all of this in one day?! My kids would have complained like no other...but in a few weeks, when school is finally over, we'll have to go do it too. Looked fun!

Chelita said...

I really enjoyed your story Jaxon! I think that you should do that more often! It looks like you had a blast!!! I cant wait to see you in a few weeks! :)