We had an adventure this week. I was going to have all the boys tell me about the trip and I would type it up. They are TOO busy. You know- playing the Wii, or watching a show and stuff like that. I got Alex to tell me what he thought. So I am just going to post it with his comments.
Alex: "Candy factory. I liked the machines and the candy that were already made. Those candies were made fast."
Alex: "Candy factory. I liked the machines and the candy that were already made. Those candies were made fast."
Alex: "Hair nets, They were funny."
Chase was on the border of being too young. I had to bribe him to keep his hair net on and even then he wanted to take it off every five minutes. The kids were fascinated about the factory and loved seeing all the machines.
After the tour, I let them go into the candy store. It was heaven for little boys!
Mom: "What do you want to say about this picture?"
Alex: "Candy. I can only say candy because I love candy so so so much."
After the candy factory, we went to the International Peace Gardens.
Mom: "What did you like about the gardens?"
Alex: "Good flowers and stuff."
They have a section for different countries. It was fun to try to figure out which country was represented. Some times it was easy and obvious, sometimes it was not.
-
China
-
Switzerland
Alex: "It was a big mountain. I touched it."
-
Germany?
-Mexico
Alex: "Big head and it is weird. I love weird stuff. And the nose is cracking off."
We never figured this one out. It reminded me of Stonehenge- but there was nothing else England-y around it. Jaxon said it was in the Africa section- it was kind of near Africa, but this one was a mystery to me. (And why is Africa all lumped together when the other sections are for countries?)
Alex: "Underground. I was pretending that I was underground."
-
France
Ireland
Vietnam

-
France
Alex: "Statue, I mean tower, it is a tower." 
-Ireland
Alex: "Prettiest cross of all. And it is lovable. And that is all I want to say."
-Alex: "I have closed eyes." 
-Vietnam
-
They had a statue of Ghandi. So I taught the boys who he was and read the plaque to them. As we were leaving Jaxon said, "They should have had a statue of Jesus because he was even more peaceful then anyone." I thought that was sweet.
5 comments:
You always do such fun things and go to fun places. I'm just boring and stay home! lol
No way! I work two buildings away fro mthe Sweet's factory. I've been meaning to take the kids there on a tour. Looks we definitely need to do that now.
Where is that International Peace Garden? I bet Michelle would like to take the kids there.
You posted this on Monday?? How did I miss it? I remember going to the Peace Gardens before I ever got married. It was a single adult activity. I had totally forgotten about them.
Love Jaxon's observation about Jesus.
I posted this on Thursday. I don't know why it would show up as Monday. I had better change my settings or something.
Kay two totally awesome trips. Alex is a kid after my own heart, I tell ya. "I love candy so so so much." Now that is a quote. :)
Post a Comment