Saturday, October 9, 2010

Conference Traditions: Fall

We went to see some fall leaves. This is kind of a tradition for us to go during October conference. This way the boys are contained. They can't go anywhere while buckled in a vehicle. They are also mostly trained to not yell and scream in the car. This way we could listen to conference. Chase fell asleep instantly. The other boys had their conference treats to munch on. It took forever to get there, which was good because then we could listen to conference. You just have to time it right so you arrive at the end of a session. Then we went hiking.

Here are some pictures:





Because we were driving, Jaxon listened a lot more then usual. We heard a talk I think it was by Jay Jensen? (Just found out it was Larry Lawrence.) It was about being good parents. Don't let your kids have sleep overs or stay out to late. He also mentioned other stuff I can't think of at the moment. Jaxon popped up and said, "I really don't like this talk very much." Andre and I laughed and laughed. At least he was listening. It isn't just us being the mean parents, we are doing it right. Poor kid, he just wants to do anything he wants- when he wants. I keep telling him that he can as soon as he lives in his own house.
-
While I am telling funny stories:
Alex's friend is going to Disneyland this week so it comes up in conversation a lot. I tell him that we might go next year. He told Jay's mom, "My mom said that Disneyland is NOT the promised land."
Funny, I don't recall that conversation.
-
We we walking into the school the othe day and Chase said out of the blue, "HE didn't turn into a pig, he turned into a mommy!"
I am not sure if I should be offended.
-
We were driving home soon after the Junior high had been excused so there were kids everywhere. There was a couple making out on the sidewallk in front of the church. Jaxon saw it and said, "Kissing! That is Gross! I thought that only happened in the movies." I assured him that people kiss in real life. But he would not be doing that until he was at least 27 1/2. I reminded him that he saw his mom and dad kissing all the time. "Yes, but you are married I don't ever want to kiss anyone." I told him that that was normal for a 10 year old. But that would change over time. Jaxon thinking.... "Is it a requirement to kiss the bride to get married?"
-
Tanner has played goalie a few times this season. I asked him what he likes most about being the goalie. "Jumping around" was his reply.


5 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

I like that tradition! That is awesome.

And the quotes. . man. . . where did the pig come from? Those are the best quotes, tee hee!

Layne Bushell said...

Jay Jensen is rich's boss' boss' boss (or something like that). Rich's immediate boss is Jay JEnsens son in law! I thought it was a great talk. And fun to go in the mountains! Good idea!

Chelita said...

I love the stories! your kids crack me up! Next time I see you- I need to spend MORE time with you! Love you!

John and Laura said...

Great tradition! And I loved the stories, especially the one about Jaxon not wanting to kiss. My, how things will change... :)

Halls Huddle said...

Cute pictures. What a fun tradition! Maybe I need to adopt it next year.