Monday, October 4, 2010

Aunt B

This post is mostly for my family who are not in the state. So they can see these pictures and celebrate an important person in our lives.

When my brother was little, he had a hard time saying aunt Brenda. So... "Aunt B" is what we called her and still call her. Though, sometimes it is just "B".

On September 26th Brenda had her 50th Anniversary of working for Intermountain Healthcare. Just think about that for a while. 50 years. In the same company. That is awesome. It is a huge accomplishment. They had a big party and everyone in the hospital (Utah Valley) came to wish her a congratulations. He said it was hundreds and hundreds of people. I am not sure everything that she does, but I know she works in payroll and accounting. I know that she has helped thousands of peope get paid. every month. She must be the most popular person at that hospital!

A few years ago (now that I think about it, it was like 15 years ago), she invited me to go to a meeting with her to meet with the Governor. It was cool. I can't remember exactly, but it was National Payroll day or something.

Brenda has been a huge part of our lives. She loves us and does a lot for us. She is fun to be around, and we love her.

My dad took some pictures of the big party, but he doesn't have a blog. So here they are!


Congratulations B!!!!!

6 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

That is awesome. And you are the sweetest niece ever to let everyone know. :)

Joey said...

Yeah For Aunt B!! I cant believe its been 50 years!

Mom said...

Thanks Janelle for posting this. Brenda is special to us all.

John said...

50 years at all, let alone with one company, that's beyond impressive. You're awesome Aunt B

Chelita said...

I wish I could have been there but it was so fun to see you a little bit afterwards! You're amazing! :)

Jefferson said...

Congratulations B and thanks Janelle for posting it! I'm sad that I couldn't attend.