Sunday, October 17, 2010

One Voice Childrens Choir

I had such a fun day yesterday. Jaxon and I spent most of the day together. Just he and I.

In August Jaxon had an audition for a really good choir. We heard about it through a girl in our ward who is great singer and really enjoyed being in it last year. We were really happy to hear that he made it in the choir. He sings soprano and the director said that he has a realy high range- even higher then a lot of the girls!

Yesterday they sang at two events. One was in West Valley, an event focused on preventing violence. And the other one was in the Salt Palace at a huge convention raising money to prevent child abuse. There were about 2000 people in the audience. The songs they sang were so upbeat and have great messages- for those kinds of events- but also just in life.

In between the performances, Jaxon and I got to do some errands, have dinner together and go look at new cars. It was a great time. I have some pictures of the secod performance. This was a huge stage with LED screens everywhere, they had about 100 people backstage running the lights, images and just making sure everything went perfectly. This was probably the most professional event the kids will sing at.
-
The pictures I took were during the sound check and warm up.

Jaxon is in the middle row- kind of behind the short boy on the front row. Can you see him in this picture? He is looking right at me. Then we waited backstage for about an hour. After the kids went on the stage, I was in the back. I found a screen to watch them on.
I could totally take pictures of the screen as the really good cameras zoomed in on the kids.
Here is a video of one of the songs. It does show them singing, but it doesn't show you how amazing they sounded. It really was incredible.

3 comments:

Chelita said...

wow Jaxon! That is awesome. And I still think that they sounded great even though it was through the recording! Im so proud!

Cathryn said...

What a great opportunity for Jaxon! and for you! He's such a talented boy, in so many ways!!

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Oh how fun! I didn't know he was in that. Go Jaxon! Seriously so awesome.