Monday, October 25, 2010

Fall Fun

I have not had a lot of posts lately. So I am going to have a big FALL-A-THON blog. This fall had awesome weather so we could enjoy being outside. Today I was sad when I saw the snow in my yard! It's over. I don't go by the calender when deciding when fall is over. I go by if I am freezing or not. I am hoping for some fallish weather this weekend for the kids to trick or treat.
-
Anyway.... To start with we have a very bizarre sight! Andre in Blue! Someone gave him four tickets to a BYU football game. I think it was San Diego? I took the boys last year so he went this year. Of course he still cheers for Utah. But he does not hate BYU. It is a great bonding time with his boys and his dad. Gordan LOVES sports. He was excited to go. He doesn't have a favorite team. Just whoever is fun to watch. We had guests! We had so much fun with my bro and sis in law, John and Laura from Washington. They have three of the cutest girls you have ever seen. I really didn't get great pictures showing that cuteness... But here we are at Thanksgiving Point Children's Gardens. There were millions of grasshoppers so they spent a lot of time catching them and enjoying them.
Climbing on the rocks and... catching grasshoppers! They had so much fun running around doing stuff at all the places in the gardens. This was a place grandma joined in!

Then we headed over to Gardener Village. I kind of forgot that millions upon millions of people descend upon Gardener village over UEA. But we had fun looking at all the witches and pumpkins.

We had to say goodbye to the cousins. We also had a fun sleepover. We only have sleepovers with cousins so this does not happen very often.
-
Then we realized that we didn't even have our pumpkins yet. The kids insisted upon going to the pumpkin patch by their school even though we found a cuter one closer to our house. "But they have a tractor!"
Yes they do.Pumpkin lovin! It was crazy hair day at Jaxon's school can you tell? I got a membership to Thanksgiving Point this year. We got a free pass to their Cornbellies festival and corn maze for our family. We have never gone before. I had no idea how fun it was.

This is a room full of dried corn. The kids were swimming in it. This was a highlite of the whole night.
Of course we had the corn maze. Tonight we decided that we had better carve those pumpkins or it would not get done.
The older boys are doing more and more on their own and Chase did really well "helping". It was one of the easiest pumpkin carving nights we have had with lots of kids. I usually dread it because it is so chaotic. But it was fun. Here you see Chase putting one of hundreds of toothpicks into his pumpkin. If it makes him happy- let him do it!Now we are ready for Halloween!Jaxon wants to be one of those families that goes all out decorating for Halloween. He wants to buy the blow up spooky things and make our own graveyard. He wants the fog machines, and the mechanical ghosts that scare you as you come up to the door. Andre and I don't.
So... our compromise is that we will get one thing a year. This year? ghost lights and spider webby stuff. I will go to the stores next monday and get some stuff on sale (maybe).

1 comment:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Okay, so I knew that Andre was a great guy, but I must say, a guy who went to the U but is not a BYU hater is a great guy. I mean, I am BYU all the way, but am I happy when the U wins? Of course, hello?

And that picture of the kids at Thanksgiving point gardens. . .soo lovely. The sun on the water. . . gorg.

I guess we missed out not going to Cornbelly's then, huh? That does look like a lot of fun.

Also, BOOOO for the snow this morning. You know I was ticked.