Sunday, April 3, 2011

April

I have so many things going on and I should make a bunch of little blogs. But I don’t do that. I make mega blogs that are too long to read. That’s the way it is I guess. So here goes…
-


We are in a paper airplane stage around here. The 2 little boys are obsessing. They have to have lightning bolts drawn on them. Alex drew his own lightning bolts and said, “These are cool lightning bolts… but they look like squirrels.”
-


The older boys have spring break this week. Too bad it is cold so we can’t do a lot of outdoor things. I am excited to go and do a lot of things with the boys this week. What track is off right now? Anyone off and want to play?
-


Remember this face? Well, it jumped out at me on April first at 6:50 in the morning. I screamed. Jaxon was so extremely happy.


-



April Fools day. What a weird day. Who came up with that anyway. Tanner came running in from playing outside, "Mom, Chase got stung by a bee!" Ya, I fell for it. Tanner was so pleased with himself. They are at the age that they love stuff like that.
-


The boys really wanted to do something to trick their dad. I was mopping the floor. All the chairs were in the livingroom. I decided to move the table in there too. So the kitchen was empty when dad got home. The boys had so much fun jumping out and yelling "April Fools". Ok, I told you it was a weird day. We ate on the floor and I decided that I hated it. I get up a million times to get stuff, I could not reach what I wanted, and the floor is dang hard. The kids thought it was fun. Look at the super yummy cupcakes I made for dinner. Cupcakes for dinner- did I win the super mom of the year award? April fools! meatloaf and mashed potato frosting! It was really good if you could ignore the blue color. The little boys were not thrilled about eating it I guess the blue turned them off. Tanner was mad- I think because he really wanted cupcakes. But maybe because all of a sudden he does not like meatloaf? I am not sure. But we took them to get ice cream cones later to make up the lack of dessert when it was promised. -



General Conference. Last Monday we did a Family Home Evening that I have heard of, but always forget to do. We learned the story of King Benjamin and the tower at the temple. Then we gathered our family in a tent to hear from the prophet- at conference. We tried to get across the point that we are blessed to be able to hear a prophet and we should be excited to hear his words. They were excited to have a tent in our basement all week. We let them sleep in it on Saturday night. We had to put up another tent because it would have been too small for all four of them.

Alex and Tanner were so excited for conference treats they could not wait for conference to start. We got out the 72 hour kit and anything that was expired or close to expiring was eaten by four boys. They had to actually be “watching” conference if they were eating their treats however. We don’t require them to watch on Saturday except for when President Monson talks. So most of the treats were eaten on Sunday. What does everyone else do? Do you have success getting your kids to watch both days? Should I require it?

Sunday morning it was getting close to conference time so we turned on the TV. No picture. TV was not working. We have a satalite to pick up the TV signal. When it snows we sometimes have a problem getting a signal. Well, hate to tell you after my lamb picture in the last post, but it totally snowed here today. I was freaking out. I was wondering how we were going to watch conference. Were we going to miss it? I was contemplating getting the ladder out and climbing up to sweep the snow off the dish. Then I remembered something. The radio. We could listen to it. Duh. I went to tell Andre my brilliant idea. He already had it playing online. Duh again. So we were debating whether or not to watch it in our room where the computer is or listen in the living room where there is more room. Then the TV started working- during the opening song! Awesome. We had no problem watching all the way through conference. Then right after it ended the satellite lost it’s signal again. Seriously. Talk about little miracles. I know that is no big deal- we had other ways to listen and watch—but I am trying to see the little miracles that happen in my life and be thankful.

Chase was TIRED this afternoon (he was up late in a tent) He kept crying and having a hard time. I was not looking forward to the afternoon session with his grouchiness. He got hurt or something right before 2:00 and he came to me for hugs. I grabbed his blanket and cuddled him until he fell asleep. He never falls asleep except when we are in a car. So that was amazing! He slept for about 1 ½ hours on my lap. I totally got to listen to conference. I could not move- but I could listen to what they were saying instead of trying to keep him entertained. Oh yea, remember how we are trying to potty train him? I spent the entire time worrying that he was going to pee on me.

So I loved listeing to conference. I love that this is the first time we can record it and listen to it again and again. I loved the topics that came out. I loved that my kids seemed to enjoy themselves during conference and tried to listen. As I read and listen again I will put some of my thoughts and ideas on here.


I have a favorite blog that I like to go to. It is called Chocolate on my Cranium. I don't know her- but I read her blog. She made a fun craft with her kids. I thought that it was easy enough that I could totally do that. See the link here. All you need is string and liquid starch.


See how cute it looks?



Well, it totally didn't work. I guess my liquid starch was the wrong kind of liquid starch. It was supposed to dry over night- well, the next morning the string was dry and totally not sticking together. Just thought I would put my pictures up anyway just to show you how most of my projects go. We might tryit again. If I go to a different grocery store (I hate Wallmart!) and get what I need.
-


Here's to a fun week with my boys! I hope I can figure out what to do. We are going to have a Star Wars Festival. One a day for 6 days. We are going to go somewhere every day. I have to remember to send Alex to preschool. I am really good at forgetting minor details like that. Sidenote- I have Alex registered for Kindergarten next year! that is so weird. I just hope that we have morning kindergarten so Chase's preschooland Alex's school will be at the same time. I will have 2 hours, 3 days a week to myself. But chances are he will get afternoon kindergarten and that won't happen. I will try not to be really bugged if that happens.

3 comments:

RaNae said...

Love the King Benjamin FHE lesson & the tent idea.

You do such fun things with your boys. I love the idea of the Star Wars Festival too. How are you going to watch them? The original order: 4-6, 1-3 or 1-6?

Anonymous said...

Dad Says
I love your long blogs so much. I really feel like I am there and involved as it happens. Tanks bunches

Carie said...

I love your fun April Fools Day!! We were boring this year. I especially love the "dinner cupcake" idea. I'll have to remember that for next year. And I'm totally laughing at the pranks your boys played on you.