Monday, August 20, 2012

Ode to Summer

Summer ends tomorrow.
I am really sad about it. A lot of years I am ready to send them back. This year, not so much. I could handle a few more weeks of the playing and outside fun. (not so much of the arguing about whose turn it is on the computer. I do not like that at all.)
This summer I had great plans. Those plans were not fully completed. Don't get me wrong, we had a great summer. It just turned out differently then I thought it would. One thing that we did do was swim at my gym a lot. It was nice to go cool down. It was way too hot this summer.



Another thing that we did was sign up for "free" bowling. (yes, you have to rent the shoes for full price- but still a bargain.)  Bowling was really fun. Chase was amazing because he would grab the ball, run as fast as he could and just throw it as hard as he could. He always did really well! I could not believe it. The other boys really improved. They had not bowled much and they got it by the end of the summer.



Have you ever been to the fountains in Liberty park? They are one of our favorite places to go.
What could be better, a bunch of rivers and waterfalls, that you can run in, float balls down, splash in, and just enjoy being a kid.



All last winter the kids asked to go miniature golfing. I said, "In the summer." Well. Today was the last day of "summer" so I decided to keep my promise. We had a lot of fun.




Tonight we went to daybreak lake. This is one of the kids favorite places. It is about 3 minutes from our house so it is very convenient.
The sun was setting.
What an amazing sun it was.

The end of the day...
The end of summer.
And here we go... into the next phase of life.

3 comments:

Cathryn said...

Great photos! Especially the last ones at the lake. And I agree with your sentiment - how I hate to see the summer go. Since I don't have any kids in school anymore, I'm not going to let go of summer for a few more weeks.

G'ma Y said...

What a great way to end summer. Good luck to everyone on a new school year!

Carie said...

Hey, we just went to that park you posted in the first picture during our last visit. And we went to a splash park too - I think it's the same one. And we went to Liberty Park on our last visit. Totally useless information, but I still had to comment. They're all fun places. I LOVE that park!!

I agree with you on summer - it was way too short this year. I'm glad the heat is leaving (or will be), but I was sad to send my kids back to school. I had fun with them this year. I think it's more fun as they get older. And I was NOT excited to get up early again.

I LOVE that second to last picture. LOVE IT!