We have a peach tree. We have always had a peach tree since we were married. For some reason our peach tree always does well. We don't do anything special- it just grows a lot of fruit.
Every year I have to figure out what I am going to do with the peaches. I give a lot of peaches away.
But I still end up with peaches all over my house.
Then you have to sit and cut them all up. I have always had cling peaches. Which means that they cling to their pits. That makes them a little hard to prep them.
The problem with fruit is that they tend to get ripe on their own schedule- not on my schedule. I kept waiting for time to work on the peaches and I really didn't have it. Then the peaches had to be taken care of- they were the priority. I made tons of peach jam and bottled peaches all in the same morning.
Can you imagine. I bottled peaches! I have always had peaches and Never have I bottled them. It seemed like too much work, I had babies, I'd rather make jam... I ran out of excuses this year and I didn't want to see them go to waste. I bottled! It wasn't even scary or anything. (I only had to call my mom for advice once!) I am excited to have these peaches during the winter.
I guess I'm finally a grown up.
2 comments:
Wow, I'm impressed! I don't think I'll ever be a grown up. lol.
Wow! That's a lot of peaches. I think bottling them is way easier than jam. Glad you tried it. :)
Post a Comment