Sunday, July 27, 2014

Scavenger Hunt

Jaxon has been working on Merit Badges this summer (in other words, we are forcing Jaxon to work on his merit badges this summer).

He had to go around and take pictures of things in our city to make a presentation about our city. So, I am always looking for ways to get our kids away from screens so I declared a field trip. I knew that the other kids would be less then thrilled to tag along- but I came up with a quick idea.

All the kids took their ipods as cameras. We made a quick list of things that we might see and told the kids to take as many pictures as they wanted. They had a lot more fun then I thought they would. Sometimes things totally bomb and sometimes they work. This one was surprisingly great. The only problem was that it was 103 degrees and 3:00 in the afternoon. So we ended early and went home and made slushies.

So here are some of the more fun pictures. I will list the category that the picture falls under. There were lots more pictures. I don't want this blog to be boring ya know.

Tanner's:
Something shiny

Water

Food

Part of a cool building

a pencil  (I'm glad that our dirty car helped him out)

a door

the sky

Stairs
This is kind of cheating but it is also quite ingenious.  He made these stairs in minecraft on our drive home then he took a screenshot of them. So I am totally counting it. 

something fluffy


Chase
Something shiny

Water

a bug
(this is more of an arachnid- but that is fine)

part of a cool building

something curvy

a picture of mom

city workers

 a desk


Alex
a desk and a city employee

a bug
It was in a cage in case you were wondering

a statue

a book

something happy

something shiny

something sticky

Food (an abandoned sandwich)

something purple (it was part of a poster that he went right up to)

a pencil

picture of mom

I like their creativity in a lot of these.


Just so you know Jaxon took pictures of places in our community and made a powerpoint presentation that is SOOO funny. I have a funny kid. We were laughing so hard. Who knew he could make something funny out of a merit badge.

Here is the only picture I took on our outing

No comments: