Friday, June 24, 2016

It's Magic!

My boys love roller coasters. They really do. 

When Jaxon was 5-7 he knew what he wanted to do when he grew up. He was going to be a roller coaster designer. He spent a lot of time drawing awesome coasters. 

When we had Lagoon season passes, they loved it because they love those coasters. 

Of course the best vacation ever would involve coasters. 

So we went to....Magic Mountain!

 Here we are, waiting to go in...
Because the first hour is critical. That is when there are not as big of lines. So you have to run to the first few rides.

Here they are coming off of Tatsu. The best ride in the history of rides if you ask Tanner.



My kids are not fans of stopping and taking pictures before and after rides because they have to run to get in the next line.  So I don't have a lot of great pictures. But that is ok.  

Here is the X2 entrance. I found out later that the coaster behind it is actually Viper. X2 is amazing and awesome. My kids did not like Viper much (even though it has 7 loops) because it was too shaky and some of them bumped their heads. 
Also... I did not go on all the rides. I did not go on all the crazy coasters that my boys loved. I am getting too old for that. I enjoyed them enjoying the rides. I did go on 4-5 rides. We ended up going on 12ish rides?

Here is Goliath. It was a cool one. (My family is near the I)

I went on this one.



This one was the "Twisted Colossus". It was a part wooden coaster, part metal coaster. This is Jaxon in line.

Chase got tired of the big coasters and we did a few smaller ones.
His brothers went over and did a few more rides
like the Green Lantern.


Then we all got in line for the "New Revolution" coaster. (It was hot and Tanner was fanning Chase). This was the longest line we were in. I think it was an hour and 45 min wait. But all the boys were so excited because it had virtual reality headsets to wear while riding.
Then a half hour into the line we saw a sign that said that you have to be 13 to wear the headsets. Alex and Chase were devastated. They were mad. They wanted to do it so much. We said that they could go on another ride if they wanted but they decided to stay. (I think they were hoping that they looked 13).
Here are the headsets.
Andre's didn't even work. But Tanner and Jaxon really liked it.

Batman!

We did a lot more rides and I like this picture as the sun was going down.
Can you see them on that coaster?

And then we left. It was a great day and the kids loved the coasters! The weather was not too hot so that was a bonus. 
We love Magic Mountain!

2 comments:

Jefferson said...

Magic Mountain Rocks!!

Cathryn said...

I've been to Magic Mountain many times, but one of the first times we went there was when the park was brand new and Jefferson was just one year old and I was just a teenager. That tells you how old the park is now. Jeff didn't ride the roller coaster, but your mom did let him ride the kiddie rides that went around a bend and out of our sight and he was just one year old???!!! What a trusting and young mom she was then. Good thing he didn't fall off or anything. He came back smiling and we all survived and had fun!!