Webelos earned the "Game Design" adventure
We raked leaves.. a lot.
It seems like we fill up 3-4 bags and turn around and have the entire yard filled with leaves again.
And there are still a lot of leaves on our tree. They never fall until it is too cold to enjoy raking them. Most years- the leaves are just mixed in with the snow until the spring.
We have had a beautiful fall. It has been in the low 70's and warm great to be outside. The trampoline has been well used this fall.
We have tried to go to a few parks around- we are tennis experts ya know.
Tanner climbs things.
Tanner earned his Life badge at scouts. One step away from his Eagle. He is a motivated kid who works hard.
Election Day!
Checking out the results.
I am a primary teacher. I have a super cool class of three boys. We had a primary party (and I invited my boys who are primary age.) We made slime and did other stuff that boys like.
I am the Stake Sports coordinator. Last week was the volleyball region tournament. So I set everything up and watched 7 volleyball games. They girls like it.
November 16th. It's my dad's birthday. My mom and I went up to give him some flowers.
And remember the beautiful fall days that we have had... the clouds are pushing those days away.
Webelos started a new adventure... "build it".
That night we went to my moms to celebrate my dad's birthday with his favorite food....
...Pie! What a great way to remember him. Yummy!
That night it snowed. The kids had so much fun in the golf course making stuff.
Still played out there the next day.
And the indoor events are still happening. Chase was super proud of his tower.
And... this happens a lot.
Jaxon had his board of review to get his Eagle rank. All the paperwork is done. Hooray!
(Right before the board of review, Jaxon got a text from the main guy saying- "I have misplaced the paperwork- can you bring your copy?" We had copies of bits of it here and there and we spent forever trying to find it and trying to get our printer to work and we didn't have all of it- we had given it to him! One hour later we texted him back and said that we only had some of it. He said- ok- maybe J___ had it. We called J___ and he had it- He was taking it to the board of review. What a waste of my life. Why do people have to cause me stress?
My sister in law was in town so we all went to spend time with her. We got to have lunch with her and catch up on her adorable family. Sunday we had a family dinner and then we played games and face-timed with her family.
I just want to show you something. This is my mud room on Thursday. It's super clean because soccer and band are over. This was such an uncommon occurrence that I had to document it.
Mud room on Saturday. Snow stuff out of storage now. Camping trip stuff left out.
Mud room on Monday laundry day. Do you see why it was such a big deal that the mudroom was clean one day last week? It was a miracle. It is where everything is dumped.
Story of the week- hmm... of the year. It involves why I feel like I live in an ashtray and why Fabreze is my friend.
Story: Jaxon is a driver! He is a pretty darn good driver if I say so myself. So when we were at church and I realized that I had forgotten to take the chicken out of the freezer- I thought of Jaxon. Jaxon had to run home for a minute between sacrament meeting and sunday school. So I asked him to "take the chicken out of the freezer and put it on the stove." (I put my thawing meats on the stove so that any juices stay in an area that will not spread throughout my house).
We came home 2 hours later to a house full of smoke. FULL of billowing black smoke. No flames- just smoke.
To Jaxon my little note meant that he should take the chicken out of the freezer wrapped in aluminum foil and put it in a pan and turn the stove on and leave the house empty for two hours. We are lucky we have a house. No- not lucky. Blessed. God really looked out for us.
Thus commenced the cleaning of every surface and thing in our entire house. I spent ALL day cleaning the kitchen and living room and mudroom. We washed off every wall, floor, cupboard door and everything. We washed every sheet, blanket, and stuff on our beds.
I have sprayed every bit of fabric with Fabreze- twice. Andre bought industrial strength "odor eliminator" from his work. (they own apartments of smokers- so they use the good stuff). So I followed the directions and sprayed it throughout my house. I have to admit- I did not smell smoke anymore. I smelled the horrific smell of old lady perfume. It was so strong I had to open all the windows and doors during a snow storm just so I could breathe. The kids escaped to the basement.
On the plus side- I have a buddy while I make dinner for the next two years. He is going to understand cooking by the time I am done with him.
It is 8 days later and my house still smells like a chain smoker lives here.- with a lingering smell of dead roses.
Blah.
1 comment:
I am really amazed that your house survived! It really was a huge blessing. And now that it is two months later it finally smells good again.
Post a Comment