Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Bartlome Christmas Party

We had the big Bartlome party last weekend. It was good because I got my house really clean. It was bad because I had to clean my house.   But I love getting  together with everyone.
Especially Gordon and Carol. 

We started it off with game night. We played a bunch of games, but here is Compatability. It turns out that Jaxon and Grandma are super compatible. 




Then Saturday night everyone else came. (except a few- who were missed.)
We had great food.

We fit a lot of people in my basement. I think there were 37 people.


Jaxon and tanner had chips as their 2nd course. Seriously filled their entire plate with chips.

Grandma and Grandpa got the boys gift cards for Christmas. I decided to take a picture of Chase getting his. He was pretty excited!
Then he thought it was $500!
Then he was told it was $25
It is a funny series of pictures.

Jaxon and Alex with their popcorn.
Gordon and Carol gave out the best cooler things for Christmas. They are the best.



They also gave out copies of Gordon's life history- which is amazing. They have been working on it for a few years. Andre read it that night and really loved it. the kids and I are reading it in the morning for our devotional. I was in tears this morning as I read about the hardest thing Gordon ever had to do. He put his wife in a home because with her MS she could not do anything for herself. The Relief Society in the ward had taken care of feeding her and tending kids for 3 years. Gordon visited her everyday for 3 more years in the home. Even in the last year when she didn't know who he was. What an amazing story and man.


Alex and Chase had fun playing with the babies and boxes.


Gordon and Carol got lots of cool stuff. They got this blanket with all their kid's and grandkid's names on it.

Then the white elephant game started. (with lots of cute babies to entertain us)

Jaxon- this was a blanket. But he ended up with canned pumpkin


Chase was weird. He wanted everything weird. This was a Christmas wreath and a pony head that he traded for.



Alex got markers- a whole box of used markers! (nobody stole it from him)



Tanner got cute bobble head Santa things. He was also in charge of the game. Got it all prepared and ran it.

Elvis Christmas ornament.

Chase ended up with flippers that he wears constantly and wants to go swimming immediately.

The party was over and here are some pictures of just randomness.


The party was a success and I thought it was fun. We really only get together once during the holidays and once during the summer. So it was really good seeing everyone. Everyone keeps getting older and bringing their boyfriends or girl friends. (and that turns into husbands/wives and kids) so the family keeps getting bigger.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: