December is in full swing and I wanted to talk about some of the goings on before Christmas comes.
But first I wanted to talk about our tree.
This is my cute primary class. I just yesterday taught them for the last time. I was sad. I really like teaching a long and explaining something and having them "get it" and they are excited about something they learned. I have decided that Primary teaching is my dream calling. Too bad I can't be that.
Crafting...
The young men made pancakes for the ward breakfast. I stole these pictures off of facebook because my family was in them.
Jaxon is in the back of this picture.
Here is Andre getting some food.
The Webelos made gingerbread houses.
Alex made a really cool house.
Then of course following tradition... My kids made their houses that night.
Piano recital! Chase's first one and he rocked it. He knew his song backwards and forwards.
Alex is soo talented. His song was really difficult and he played it flawlessly.
I got to go volunteer in Chase's class when they made their Christmas trains. It was fun.
This is my Tanner Before...
and After.
He wasn't excited or worried about braces- "whatever". But he was excited to miss school to get them on. Afterwards he was not impressed with his jaw aching so much. And yes, he needs a haircut. I have not had time. He likes it a little longer and I don't really know how to do that. I have now watched some you tube videos and asked my hair dresser friend for some tips. But now that it is so close to Christmas- I don't really have time so I am probably going to take him somewhere.
Chase stole my phone on the way home from school.
We were having FHE and everyone went to where the hymn book was. They were so cute- I took a picture.
Hot Chocolate night.
Make cookies for their teachers day (scout leaders, piano teacher, primary teachers, class teachers)
Alex and Chase helped me make different cookies but I don't have a picture of that.
Yummy!
It snowed!
It would not be Christmas without concerts!
Chase missed his concert because he woke up sick the day of. But he did have a little play that his class put on. I went to that and it was cute.
Alex went to his 5th grade concert and it was awesome. Andre went to that concert because I went to Jaxon's concert at the same time.
Then there were Jaxon's concerts.
Andre and Alex went to his choir concert. They said it was really cool. I'll get pictures off of his phone eventually. (But it will look just like the picture below- but people will be standing. )
I got to go to Jaxon's band concert. I am really impressed by how awesome they sound. They were really good
Tanner had a concert of sorts. The youth went caroling. He enjoyed himself.
He is just about ready to have a Hapkido Belt test. He is currently a green belt. I think he will go to blue. So that is like a concert right?
Now we are a few days away from Christmas. Now it is time to focus.
-------------
Now I wanted to talk a little about things that don't have a picture
The first of the month we really tried to focus on the #Light the World service topics. I loved it. It really helped me focus on serving. Life got busy and I tried really hard just to make sure I served someone everyday. I am going to start doing it again for the next few days. I liked how it helped my kids think of who they could serve. (I serve a lot of people everyday because that is my job- It is good to see them think of others)
I love listening to Christmas music in the car. I seriously have a great voice as I sing along. Too bad when others listen it is sub-par.
Lets get a shout out to my mom and I! We finished part one of our family history project! More info to come on this. But I have to say that we started in February. It was huge people. It has been like a part time job. But bonus! I got to spend a lot of time with my mom!
On the way to the kid's school we pass a field with goats in it. My kids have kind of become obsessed with goats. For the last month or so Tanner has started singing a goat song as we pass the field. It is totally improvisation as we see the goats. Most days the songs are awesome. He has a great sense of humor and with some practice he could be an improv comedian! It won't translate on this blog- but I will give an example. The other day we saw a pretty big brown goat that we don't usually see. He promptly started singing about the goat and made up a little story about it in the song. Some of the words were, "he was huge-mongous- and yes huge-mongous is a word because his name was huge-mongous." Ya, didn't translate to how funny it was. Some days the song works and some days it is just dumb. But it is entertaining.
We have been watching a lot of movies together- tis the season ya know. We have watched the Hobbit and hope to watch Lord of the Rings over Christmas.
We listen to the radio in the car. I try to listen to stations that I think the kids like. But we have a strict "no Bieber" rule in the car. As soon as I hear it- I change it. Andre listens to more alternative stations. I don't dislike those stations- but more of the pop stations tend to play when I drive. The other day Andre was told by Chase that mom makes them listen to stations that play Justin Bieber songs. Huh?
The Christmas countdown calendar has been fun. With the Bartlome party happening last weekend and the Bartlomes staying with us, it kind of got forgotten about- but we will get back on it. We have made tons of Christmas cookies, went to see lights, made snowflakes, and delivered our neighbor gifts. The younger kids like it the most of course.
So-- that is December so far. School gets out today for the break so Christmas officially begins!
Chase missed his concert because he woke up sick the day of. But he did have a little play that his class put on. I went to that and it was cute.
Alex went to his 5th grade concert and it was awesome. Andre went to that concert because I went to Jaxon's concert at the same time.
Then there were Jaxon's concerts.
Andre and Alex went to his choir concert. They said it was really cool. I'll get pictures off of his phone eventually. (But it will look just like the picture below- but people will be standing. )
I got to go to Jaxon's band concert. I am really impressed by how awesome they sound. They were really good
Tanner had a concert of sorts. The youth went caroling. He enjoyed himself.
He is just about ready to have a Hapkido Belt test. He is currently a green belt. I think he will go to blue. So that is like a concert right?
Now we are a few days away from Christmas. Now it is time to focus.
-------------
Now I wanted to talk a little about things that don't have a picture
The first of the month we really tried to focus on the #Light the World service topics. I loved it. It really helped me focus on serving. Life got busy and I tried really hard just to make sure I served someone everyday. I am going to start doing it again for the next few days. I liked how it helped my kids think of who they could serve. (I serve a lot of people everyday because that is my job- It is good to see them think of others)
I love listening to Christmas music in the car. I seriously have a great voice as I sing along. Too bad when others listen it is sub-par.
Lets get a shout out to my mom and I! We finished part one of our family history project! More info to come on this. But I have to say that we started in February. It was huge people. It has been like a part time job. But bonus! I got to spend a lot of time with my mom!
On the way to the kid's school we pass a field with goats in it. My kids have kind of become obsessed with goats. For the last month or so Tanner has started singing a goat song as we pass the field. It is totally improvisation as we see the goats. Most days the songs are awesome. He has a great sense of humor and with some practice he could be an improv comedian! It won't translate on this blog- but I will give an example. The other day we saw a pretty big brown goat that we don't usually see. He promptly started singing about the goat and made up a little story about it in the song. Some of the words were, "he was huge-mongous- and yes huge-mongous is a word because his name was huge-mongous." Ya, didn't translate to how funny it was. Some days the song works and some days it is just dumb. But it is entertaining.
We have been watching a lot of movies together- tis the season ya know. We have watched the Hobbit and hope to watch Lord of the Rings over Christmas.
We listen to the radio in the car. I try to listen to stations that I think the kids like. But we have a strict "no Bieber" rule in the car. As soon as I hear it- I change it. Andre listens to more alternative stations. I don't dislike those stations- but more of the pop stations tend to play when I drive. The other day Andre was told by Chase that mom makes them listen to stations that play Justin Bieber songs. Huh?
The Christmas countdown calendar has been fun. With the Bartlome party happening last weekend and the Bartlomes staying with us, it kind of got forgotten about- but we will get back on it. We have made tons of Christmas cookies, went to see lights, made snowflakes, and delivered our neighbor gifts. The younger kids like it the most of course.
So-- that is December so far. School gets out today for the break so Christmas officially begins!

























1 comment:
Shout out to you for the family history project! It really is amazing.
Post a Comment