Thursday, May 24, 2018

Busy Week

May is usually pretty busy. And if you look back at the last few posts, you will see that. And now, we are on to other busy things.

Chase is starting volleyball and he loves it so much. 

The young women had a car wash to raise money for camp. This is actually Jaxon's car. 

Andre has had a bunch of soccer games, but I can never go because we always have a bunch of stuff on Saturdays. So, no pictures. 

This guy graduated from seminary! And he got to bare his testimony in the graduation program. 

My mom got him a picture of Christ for the occasion. Well, during the program our stake president talked about a special picture that he has in his office. It was this picture! She must have been inspired. 

Here are the kids from our ward who graduated with Jaxon. I know these boys really well from the years of hanging out with Jaxon and they are my Webelos. I know the girl a bit from young womens this last year.




It was my birthday! Joey brought me a cake. I also had lunch with my mom and other fun things all day.

We went out to dinner with Gordon and Carol to celebrate all the stuff that is happening around here. They gave Jaxon a gift for high school graduation. And they gave these two boys gifts for earning their Eagle awards. I tried to get Tanner's paperwork completely done by this week so we could have an Eagle court of honor while they were in town. But no, everything takes too long. We actually got notice that everything was done on the day of the dinner. But that didn't give us time to plan a court of honor. 
Look at those cool eagle statues. 

I forgot to take pictures of us at that dinner, but here they are the next day at Haley's wedding reception. 
I am just realizing how tall Tanner is compared to his grandparents.

Hanging out with family during the reception. 

Haley dancing with her dad Zig during the reception. Zig is Andre's step brother. 

Haley dancing with her new husband Patrick. 


This happened this week...

Yes, Jaxon has left the world of fast food and entered retail. Hooray!  

Tanner brought his art project home. It is a giant spork, made out of sporks! 
… turn it...

Then Tanner's school had an advancement ceremony for the 9th graders. Tanner started this school in first grade. It was the schools first year being open. 

Tanner earned a certificate in A+ computer repair. Here he is getting that. 


Then, waiting in line for his name to be read for his advancement...
Getting his certificate...
Shaking hands. 

Picture time

Pictures of the 9th grade


With Grandma.
With us. 

Tanner's last time going to this school. 
He is not sad about it. 

The younger kids needed to get out and do something, so we went to the park to practice rollerblading. This was Chase's 2nd time trying. Alex is pretty good. 




Chase had a field trip yesterday to the Natural History Museum. 

Tanner is at Lagoon today as a field trip for school. 

School is basically over for the younger three. I don't know if I am ready for summer. 

The cotton is terrible this year. You look out the windows and you think it is snowing. Alex and I are dying with allergies. 

Memorial day weekend is upon us and we have no plans. Actually, we have one thing for Jaxon that I will make a blog for. But I should start planning some more things. 

Next week is Jaxon's graduation and starting his new job. 

I've got a lot to do to prepare for all the summer events. 

No comments: