Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Vacation day 10 Cedar Point

Cedar Point Amusement Park 

When Jaxon was 9 or 10 he told me he was going to go to college in Ohio. I asked him why. He said so that he could go to Cedar point anytime he wanted. I said, "what is Cedar Point?"

It turns out it is an amusement park on a peninsula in Lake Erie with some of the tallest, fastest, scariest rides in the country. 

So, we had no choice. We had to go there. 




The ride below had a 2 hour wait in the line. According to the boys it was totally worth it. 
It was everyone's favorite ride. 

This was maverick. It was about an hour wait but it was not as good of a ride. 

All of the rest of the rides had a 10-15 minute wait. So it was ok. I did not go on any of the roller coasters. I have decided that I am old and I didn't want to throw up. It rained on us twice, getting us soaked. But it cooled us down because it was really hot. 

This one (picture above and below) was a favorite. 120 miles an hour. yup. 

There were tons of roller coasters and I did not get pictures of them all. 

I did go on this one- The log flume. You usually get a little wet on a log flume. It was huge and we all got drenched. Like literally every inch of us was drenched. 

Here are picture of them going again. 

That huge splash just landed on us. amazing. 

then after you get off, you stand on the bridge and watch other people go down. The you get drenched again. 



Then there was another water ride. I went on this also. I was the only one who got wet. A waterfall landed directly on top of me. I could not have been more wet. Here they are going again. 




See how we were right next to Lake Erie? 

I kept taking selfies of myself being drenched the whole trip. I was either sweaty wet or soaked to the bone by rain or rides. 

They went off to do a lot more roller coasters. They found their 2nd favorite. Well, it was some of their 2nd favorites. 

I watched a guy blow glass while I dried off. 

We did the log flume again and then were done. 

You really cant see it in this picture, but there is a light house on the horizon 2 pictures below. We have all stared at a picture of this light house while using our downstairs basement. 

But Alex remembered it and told us that that was the lighthouse from our wallpaper. 

It was so much fun and we were so tired.

The clouds were beautiful
We stayed at the KOA again this night. 

No comments: