Monday, July 30, 2018

Summer

When we got home from our trip. We did nothing. Alex was at camp. Jaxon worked. the other 2 played with friends a lot. I had lots to do to catch up on and we needed to rest. Then I decided it was time to do some of our summer traditions or other activities. 

 We celebrated Andre's and Joanna's birthdays by having ice cream party!
 This year we added dairy free ice cream for Alex and I.

And playing games with Joanna

 Then we did some summer activities. Jaxon was not thrilled but a good sport.

I wanted to teach the kids some technique.










 French Fry Testing. 

 We ate too many fries and they all started tasting the same. 
 Some people had McDonalds win. 
 Some people had Chick Fil A win. I don't remember what Jaxon and Tanner liked.

 We went to the park while Tanner was at Hap Ki Do. We played our version of Bocce.


The 24th of July. We hiked to Lake Mary.


 They are on that big rock in the lake.





They wanted to come here to let the fishies nibble on their toes. 


And catch them. (They were released.)






 The 3 younger went climbing on that hill and along that coast. 





Dog Lake was only one tenth of a mile away from our trail. These guys went to check it out. 



 This is one of my most favorite pictures I have ever taken. Our neighbors were doing the arial fireworks and I took this picture randomly. It looks like a cartoon of fireworks. I am super happy about it. 

 We had been watching a movie so we got outside a little late- so the snakes were done in the dark. 






 Jaxon was at work that evening. Here you can see that he came home from work- in the garage.


Chase loves his archery. But we have to go somewhere else to do it. The arrows break our fence. 





 But mostly the kids are doing this....

Like ALL of the time.

 I have wanted to do this watermelon thing for a while. 
 Chase did the rubber bands for almost the whole time. It turned out to be about an hour. His hands started to hurt. 

 So he made Alex help. 
Alex only had to do it for about 5 minutes and the watermelon exploded! See the freeze frames of the explosion.





I have always wanted to make homemade rootbeer. This is my first time! 

 we had left overs of dry-ice so the kids played with it. 

 Many experiments. And there may have been some put in bottles- but I'm not saying.

Tin foil dinners! 



 Andre had not gone to the Resevoir- so we took a half day up there. 





And then I got tired of playing all the time. This week has been and will be full of cleaning our house and getting work done. My to-do list is getting large again. 

No comments: