Monday, August 13, 2018

August

Summer activities when the kids were small were easy. Go to a park was number one. Now the kids like a park for 3 1/2 minutes. I tell them to stop growing up. But they keep doing it.

So, trying to come up with things to do is harder. 

My mom had the sucker molds that they used when I was a kid. I thought it would be fun to make suckers with MY kids. So... here we go. 

Checking out the molds and the flavors. 


Boiling the sugar water

Pouring into the molds. 
Green- lime flavored trees! Success

Attempt number 2

We went faster this time so the mixture didn't harden in the funnel. 
Orange colored- cherry flavored random shaped suckers. Success!

Attempt number 3. Chase ready to pour the sugar mixture. I decided it was too hard to take pictures while pouring.
Purple watermelon flavor bears- success!
except that the mixture settled after we finished pouring- so the bears did not have feet. 


other summer activities... Bike ride




They have had some swimming days and bowling days with friends. Chase is with his friends constantly. His friends like to stay at their houses. So we don't see them a lot. But Chase is in heaven.

Cleaning my house! Deep cleaning. Cleaning stuff that the kids have never cleaned. We did this every day for a week. I only took a couple of pictures. 

Too bad the house is always messy so it does not look like we clean it. 

Slime making with friends. 

Games! 

Helping Joanna get ready for school!

My brother and his family were in town- so we all went to her classroom and got tons of work done! 



I only took pictures of the desk arranging because I was working the rest of the time. I did not take a picture of My niece stapling her thumb. Like really- the staple was all the way in. It turned out to be not a big deal. But it was creepy looking.

Then we went swimming.
my kids LOVE their cousins. 
LOVE.

The next day we went to a splash pad. 


I really should crop this picture so you can see Emily and Chase. 


Alex was playing with Avery a lot. But not when I got my camera out. 

Chase had a fun pack meeting. Go carts!


Scouting is so fun! 
These leaders. Seriously great people. 

Then my amazing mother in law had a birthday! 
We love her! 

We hung out and visited. 

Some of the kids played bocce. But I was too busy visiting to walk all the way out to where they were to get a better picture. 
Some of the older cousins have 3 year olds so they were at the playground supervising. 
Gordan and Carol with some of the family. 
You can kind of see how smoky it is in the sky. You can't see the mountains or blue sky. That is not overcast- it is smoke. The west is on fire and ALL the smoke is coming to our valley.

The whole group. All of their kids were there but one who lives in Montana. Lots of grandkids but not all and 5 great grandkids were there. So that was awesome. 

Here we are! 

Happy Birthday to you Mom and Grandma! We love you!!

No comments: