Sunday, May 31, 2020

The End of May

Tanner has been making the yummiest of food for his goal. This day was BLTs and mexican corn. Yum! I have not made BLTs much because tomatoes are not eaten by my family. But Tanner and Alex have recently started liking tomatoes. I sliced a tomato super thin for Andre and Chase. I LOVE mexican corn. It will be my new thing this summer.

A background picture of right before the sacrament.

Sanding the deck. I do think this is a never ending project.



Then Tanner made wontons. These had sausage and shrimp and yummy stuff inside. 

Cats! they have been super playful lately and they have become super scratchy. They love to play the game where they jump on your legs with their claws and leave you a souvenir of your visit.


I had a birthday!!  We did a bunch of stuff for my birthday... Here is a yummy pie from the family.


I also had a lunch with a friend, chinese food for dinner, game night with other friends and relaxed the whole day. 

Then we decided to get the pool out! we had been leveling the ground for a while and the coming week was going to be hot. (but not this morning i guess, because chase is wearing a jacket.)

This is Alex holding up the pool and Andre working on leveling one spot that was too high under it.

We have a new thing... Ping pong between sacrament meeting and sunday school. Sometimes it is hard to sit through both of those without playing some ping pong.


Later in the day, here is Tanner putting the sacrament away. Tanner did "in-home visits" the last week we had church. This is when they take the sacrament to people in their homes. So we ended up with  the sacrament tray kit in our house. So we are fancy with our sacrament.

I took the opportunity of formalness to award Chase his next pin for his goal program. He has worked hard in physical therapy to get his knee back in shape. His first goal was to learn how to ski. Well, that will have to wait til another year. So he changed it to working hard with a good attitude to get his knee back to working mode.

This is the pin I found on amazon. It is perfect.

Also I want to make sure that I note that we have been going to Joanna's to play games on sunday night. She is the best and her kitties really entertain. We were playing on night werewolf (with eyes closed) and all of a sudden her kitty jumped on my leg with claws out, ready to climb onto my lap. I yelled out and then laughed super hard. 

It was memorial day and we needed to go and do something. So we drove to the salt flats. It was a beautiful 72 degrees. I knew that everyone would got to the mountains and I thought that this would be the last day that the weather was cool enough for the Salt Flats. The last time we went there, they were covered in 10 inches of water. This time they were salty! 

At first we had kids saying it was so bright that they could not open their eyes. It was bright. We need to take sunglasses if we go again.

We brought golf clubs and bright colored balls to hit while there. So we walked for a while to get away from people.


picture time!




See those mountains behind Chase? We drove over there and then hiked a bit. 
The boys decided to hike to that peak in the distance. I made it part of the way.

I think you can see some of them on the peak if you zoom in.

Cool pictures from the peak.
Tanner basically ran up the mountain.


This was a hard hike for these two. It was steep and slippery. To go down, they were basically sliding on the pebbles. Chase had his new knee. Alex was so proud to finish.

Then we have the process of taping and prepping the deck. Not fun.


And here is the pool being filled. This was a multi day project. We filled it with our hot water heaters but it really didn't make a dent. it was still cold.

Next Tanner project... BBQ chicken skewers. Yum!
 This day we filled it using our water heater again.

Alex wins with being the most brave. It was cold.

Painting starts. I always forget how much I hate painting.

This day we filled up the pool using the water heaters twice during the day. it was still cold but doable.



And Andre painted.




He had to get creative on how to paint some of it.

Thursday Alex returned his school computer and now just has one assignment left. Tanner finished all of his school work. Chase basically has fun stuff left. His teacher is having class online meetings next week so they can talk with each other  and maybe do some virtual field trips. But I don't know for sure. 

We helped Grandma clean her side yard. 

Alex and Chase swam for quite a while in the afternoon. Alex forgot that he has a swim shirt. It was really sunny. Also no sunscreen. He is lobster-ish. I will get a picture today. Alex also started physical therapy because he has minor scoliosis. We see a back doctor in a few weeks, but in the meantime he will strengthen his back.

Tonight we all painted. It was awesome to get so much done.


Hopefully we will be done painting by Saturday. 

Chase's teacher brought a graduation from 6th grade treat. He also told all the kids they could squirt him with squirt guns. So Chase was all over that- so excited. This was so nice to get this graduation from elementary school. 

Chase got to play D and D with Seth and other friends in the ward with Seth's dad Rich as the DM. Rich is such a great guy to play this with 12 and 13 year olds. 

I got a message that the strawberry lady had strawberries. So you have to get them when they are available. I got strawberries and blackberries. Then I spent the afternoon making jam. 
 It really is amazing how much sugar is in jam. Also, this is freezer jam. I don't think I am talented enough to make regular jam. One batch was more strawberries and one batch was more blackberries. We will see what we like best.

I also spent hours on this door Friday. This is the door going into our garage. The door frame was really bad also. It is in full sun all day long. So we decided to do it at the same time. Sanding scraping, taping, painting. Super fun. We are almost done with painting. Just a few touch ups and places that we missed. We are hoping to be done tomorrow morning. We finished painting at 10 pm so no after pictures yet.

Sunday we had fun driving to the cemetary during Sunday School.

Chase had been practicing a glockenspiel piece and I had him play it for grandma and Joey when they came for the sacrament.


 I mentioned that Alex got really sunburned. Really fried. I got an old huge shirt and cut a strip out of the back so it would not touch his shoulders or back. He thought it was really funny but he did not wear it anywhere.

 And... that ends May.






No comments: