OK, here it is, my first blog.
I have really been inspired by my brothers blogs to start one of my own. Starting my own blog is rather intimidating for me. I don't do anything even remotely technical. Email is the most I do. So this is a stretch for me. I know that I will never be able to reach the heights of writing/humor/information that they do. So that is why the name of my blog is Random Ramblings. Those of you who know me know that between the ages of about 18 and 25 I used the word "Random" about 25 times a day. It fits me and my life. I am random. I am also a rambler. I will start a topic and just move to another and then another without thought to finishing up the last topic. I ramble. Thus the perfect name for a blog for me.
I also know without doubt that I will spell everthing wrong and have horrible punctuation and just about slaughter our English language. For some reason when I type I will randomly capitalize a word in the middle of a sentence. That is a Janelle fluke. I am flukey. I just want all of you to know that I really don't care. Actually I do, and I will be horribly embarrased when I spot those mistakes after they are out there for everyone to read. I have come to the conclusion that everything that I learned in Mrs. Clarks AP English class in 12th grade is gone. It has been sucked out of my skull by many mindless conversations with 3 and 6 year old boys who do their best to confuse me. like this...
3 year old boy: "I am hungry"
me: "Do you want a waffle?"
boy: "Yes, but not frozen" (Eggo style waffles)
me: "This is the kind of waffle we have (holding up a frozen waffle) do you want this?"
boy: "yes"
Me: "do you want me to cook it for you?"
boy: "No"
I give it to him and ask if he wants syrup
boy: "Yes, ... actually, .... no." starting to whine, turning into a cry "mom, I don't want this..."
me: " You asked for a waffle"
boy: "You are mean!"
me: "I will get you something else, what do you want to eat"
boy: "Um... a waffle"
me: "Do you want me to cook it for you?"
boy: "Yes"
Boy takes one bite during the next 20 minutes as I ask him to eat about every 2 minutes. Boy says he is not hungry and wants to go play. 10 minutes later boy asks for a snack because he is hungry. Mom is declared "mean" because she says he needs to eat the waffle before eating something else.
So that story is just one example of why my blog will not have good grammer and correct punctuation. My brain is too busy with other much more important things. If you see a post that is correct and has no errors, you will know that my husband has decided to join the blogging world and is doing his own post.
So This is the beginning of my blog. This one is not very exciting, but neither is my life. It is just a series of randomness.
3 comments:
Good job. There are only five or six misspleling erors and a couple of RandOm cApitaliZations.
Oh, you make me laugh! Thanks for starting a blog. Hooray for bloggers!
And perfect hubby's comment made me laugh, too!!
--Minerva
The best part about blogs isn't that they deal with particularly fascinating and exciting events. The best part is that we get a glimpse of your lives.
Some of my favorite blogs to write are the little things the girls do that aren't even worth mentioning in a phone call but that make me smile every time I read about them on the blog.
It has been really fun to get to know Jefferson and my other friends that blog a little better as I read about the completely random things they felt like writing.
I look forward to getting to know you and your family better through your ramblings. I get to feel in touch even though I'm a thousand miles away.
-- Nerd Boy
Post a Comment