Monday, February 26, 2007

Story Time

Tanner is obsessed about our computer chair that I am currently sitting in. Every time he is in this room he adjusted the chair so that it is all the way up. The problem with that is that when I come to sit on it, my knees bang into the desk. My legs are slightly longer than Tanners and they will not fit under the desk if the chair is all the way up. I told him this the other day. He laughed when I told him that I always bump my knees. I asked him not to change the chair. He said, “But it is a pumper chair” He said that like that makes it ok. If it is a pumper chair, you must pump it.

Jaxon came home from school last Friday with a game that he was making. I guess they had indoor recess and he started making a game that is similar to Candyland. He spent most of Friday afternoon finishing it up. When he was done, I went to play with him. He said, “No mom, this is for Mrs. Solomar.” I have never heard of that before and I was informed that she was the substitute teacher on Friday. We played the game anyway. As I was putting it away, I say that there was a note on the back of it. “To Mrs. Solamar, the best sudsatoot teecher. From Jaxon.”

The other day I realized that Alex is still in the infant carrier car-seat. Alex is 10 months old. My other kids were out of this seat when they were about 6-7 months old. Alex is my smallest baby (by a couple of ounces and a half an inch at last check-up) so maybe that is my excuse. Alex has to compete for my attention with his two brothers so minor details like his safety are not loud enough to make me remember them. Alex’s mornings are spent in the high chair eating breakfast and then to the car to drive first Jaxon and then Tanner to school. Most mornings he falls asleep in the car on the way home. It is so easy for me to pick up the baby carrier and carry him to his room. If I had to unbuckle him and pick him up to carry him across the whole house to his room he would wake up. So I guess I need to get out the big car seat. He is probably a couple ounces bigger than the 20 pounds that seat holds. But he is at least a couple of inches longer than he is supposed to be for that seat. I just need to find a way to keep him awake until we get home.

Jaxon was invited to a birthday party where they were doing laser tag. That is pretty cool. When I explained to him about what it was, he could not wait to go. He came home from the party and he told us all about the go-carts he had gone on.
I said, “How was laser tag?”
“I didn’t do it.”
“Why.”
“Because I didn’t want to get hurt.”
“Lasers don’t hurt you, it is a light.”
“Oh, I thought it was bullets.”
He really thought it was going to be real bullets. I can’t really blame him for not wanting to get shot. It is kind of good to know that he is not going to go somewhere that he thinks is dangerous. But come on- I am not going to send him to a place that he is going to get shot! All he had to do was ask “do these guns shoot real bullets?”

2 comments:

Joey said...

hmn... why didn't one of the party throwing adults explain that it wasn't just an attempt to rid the neighborhood of six year olds by having them shoot eachother gangland style.

John and Laura said...

Funny stories! I can't imagine that your legs are THAT much longer than Tanner's! :) Cute kids.

--Minerva