Friday, July 18, 2008

Fish

I know that I have had a lot of posts lately, but we have done a lot of blog worthy stuff. I guess that is the way summer is.

I have a cool cousin. (OK, I have more than one cool cousin. But I am only referring to one in this blog). His name is Evan. He works at the Living Aquarium that is near my house. My mom and my three cool nephews met us there and Evan got to show us around. He knows a lot (of course he does, he works there). He could tell us everything about whatever fish we pointed out. I learned a few things (in-between fighting a tantrum-y toddler and baby who wanted to be held all the time). One interesting thing was that female sea horses lay the eggs into a pouch in the male seahorses. Then he carries them around and then they hatch from that pouch. I learned all the insider information about the fish that only workers would know. We also got to see the tank that Evan worked so hard on getting together. It really is fun to look at by the way- he did a great job. See the first picture- Evan made that whole thing! He told us that everything in that Tank is an animal, even the things I typically thought of as plants. That surprised me. We love the octopus and when he climbs up the glass it is really cool. It was a really fun time- Thanks Evan!
Here are some pictures of our adventure.

Afterwards we went to McDonalds. I saw someone that I thought I knew from my highschool but I was not sure and I was too busy to go talk to her. My Mom and I were trying to get the right food to the right kids and trying to get some of the kids from going to the playland before they ate, etc. Later she came and talked to me. She said I looked familiar... then she asked if I really had 7 boys! I told her that as much as I love my nephews, only 4 were mine. I can't imagine more than 4 kids. Sometimes I have a hard time imagining that I have 4. I thought that was funnyand I thought I would share.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a fun day! It's nice to have a cousin that knows so much about the world of underwater creatures. You are a great mother to your 4 boys but I agree with you, 7 would be too much - It's hard to believe that there are people who do that. It's good that we are all different.

Michelle said...

We love Uncle Evan at our house!That really is so fun at the aquarium. And maybe one day you could have 7 kids.....(btw: I love all the posts!)