We had a fun camping party. I have decided that Jaxon has too many friends. He talked me into inviting 10 friends. That way it was 13 when you added Jaxon, Tanner and Alex. Then Chase needs special attention too. So we had our hands full. It was a good thing that Aunt Joey came to help out. It would have been impossible without her. I took a lot of pictures so I will show you what we did instead of a play by play.
We did a few camping crafts: making God's eyes and wristbands with leather tools.
Then we had cake. We had cupcakes and the kids decorated them. They built little fires with pretzel sticks and candy corn fires. I forgot to get out the mini marshmellows- they could have pretended to roast the marshmellows over the "flames". They were sitting right there for me to get out- but I was thrown off by all the kids singing. They sang part of an Iron Maiden song at the top of their lungs over and over and over. (Why? that is the question and what 8 year old knows Iron Maiden?) That was exciting. I could barely get them to stop long enough to sing Happy Birthday. They all had fun making the cakes. Here are some examples:
Oh ya, One of my favorite things that happened at the party, I didn't even see. Joanna was holding Chase and she was getting a water balloon for Alex (or something- I wasn't there). She got distracted and Chase was focused. He was focused on the balloon. He grabbed it and you can guess what happened. Two very wet people and a startled baby. Actually, I bet Joanna was startled too.
5 comments:
That was a fun party! I'm glad I could help.
What a great party! Can I hire you to do my kids parties?? Seriously--what great ideas! Happy Birthday, Jaxon!
How fun! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JAXON!
I love the camp fire. who would guess it wasn't real?? You are a great party planner- you have Grandma Jamison's party gene. Mom
That looked so fun- with so many great party ideas! Again Janelle- AMAZING job! Wish I could have been there!
Happy Birthday Jaxon!
Post a Comment