I am distraught- I threw my camera in the bathtub.
I know that sounds bad- but, I just want you to know that I have my priorities straight. It was either save the camera or Chase. I saved Chase. I have been feeling like I am ignoring Chase because the other boys have had a lot going on. So after Jaxon’s party I decided I would focus on taking more pictures of Chase. He is only a baby once you know. So I took some pictures of him being amazingly dirty from eating a baby cookie. Those are the messiest things ever invented. So we went to the bathtub. I was taking some amazingly cute pictures of Chase taking a bath. I was only about 2 feet away and watching him closely the entire time. I saw his bath-chair start tipping. It is all a blur. I am sure I tried to set the camera down but the main goal was to get Chase’s face out of the water. I saw the camera splash as Chase was out of the water. So- we now have no camera. It is a good thing I backed up all the recent pictures onto our computer. The memory stick may still work, but I don’t know. If so, I will show you those cookie and bath pictures sometime.
It was an old camera. We got it when Tanner was four months old. So I guess it is about time to get a new one.
I am tired today. I do not know why. For the first time in months, maybe years- We all slept in past 7:30 am. I went to sleep last night about 11:00 and when I opened my eyes the clock said 7:30. I did not get up once in the night. It was a weird feeling. So when I started getting tired this afternoon I had nothing to blame it on. I guess I am just not used to getting sleep.
Here are a few things that have happened lately that I thought should be in a blog:
Jaxon turned eight. This means he gets to start Cub Scouts. Because he has a summer birthday, they let him attend the Cub Scout day camp this summer. He loved it! He earned some awards so he was able to go to his first pack meeting last week. Pack meetings are for the whole family so Tanner was excited to go. He said, “Mom, when are we going to the Pac-Man meeting?”
Jaxon loved camp. He got to shoot BB guns and try archery. He got really- really dirty. But he will be quick to tell you his favorite thing about camp was that he got to buy stuff. Cool stuff. Yes my sweet little boy came home from camp with a pocket knife and a whip. Who knew he was so violent?
This is the beginning of the rest of our lives however. We will be going to cub scout meetings for 10 ½ years. And in four years we will be doing older scout stuff until we can get Chase to get his Eagle. I am going to push for all of them to be done with their Eagle by age 13.
Other stuff…
“What does the leaning tower of Pitza look like?” said Tanner today at lunch. I thought to myself that Tanner’s misunderstanding of the word was so cute. I answered, “The leaning tower of Pisa is a round building that is kind of tipping like this...” I used my hands to show some of the non verbal stuff. He said, “I know that! But does it have pizza shapes on it or something?”
Alex makes me laugh- all the time. He will make the funniest facial expressions. One funny thing about him is that he loves letters. When we color, he picks a letter and wants me to draw it. One day I was making dinner and he was listing letters and wanting me to tell him what it “says” (the letter sound).
Alex would say, “T says?” I would answer, “Tuh” etc… All was going well until he said “O says?” and I said “uuh” (it is hard to spell letter sounds). Well he looked at me like I was crazy and said, “no, it says errr!” Well obviously I misheard his R and thought he said O. (Tanner has the same issue- when he says his own name it sounds like Tann-o). Well Alex laughed at me that I got it wrong. What two year old makes his mother do that!
Alex went up to dad and said, “leaf”. It took a while for him to understand what Alex was meaning. When he got it, Andre pointed to leaves on our plant and Alex said that was not what he meant. Alex pointed to his mouth and said “leaves in mouth, yum”! Andre got concerned and asked me if Alex ate leaves. I was confused until I realized that Alex was helping me eat my salad. I didn’t call the lettuce “leaves”- Alex came up with that one on his own.
Last night Andre took Tanner to the minor league baseball team the “Bees”. Tanner got tickets to the game when he played T-ball last spring. They sat on the grass just behind the fence. They were looking for a place to sit. They saw a place and walked to it. They saw a bag of peanuts sitting there. They asked someone sitting nearby if that place was taken and they said yes. As they walked away Tanner said, “It must be an elephant sitting there.” Andre asked why. “Because elephants eat a lot of peanuts.” They ended up sitting near a nice family. An older couple with a 15 year old son. They were super nice to Tanner and gave him things, played with him and stuff. That was Tanner’s favorite part of the baseball game- his “grown-up friend”.
4 comments:
be glad it was your camera and not an 1800 dollar Mac laptop!! Zach poured water all over my new laptop about a year ago!!! The nice thing is that all "things" are replaceable...except for kids!! Amy
I'm sorry about the camera. You seem to have a hard time with cameras and water. As far as the kids and what they say- they are so cute. I'm so glad you have them written down on your blog. Now you need to make a hard copy so the magic of computer "all gone forever" doesn't take away all these funny sayings.
I just love reading about your family exploits. I can just picture thise things going on and it makes me feel a part of it all. Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to fill us in. dad
I probably would have saved my camera.... just kidding! I'm sorry to hear about the camera. Just think, they are much fancier now. A new gadget for Janelle! Happy shopping! I would like to replace my camera. Maybe I should start taking pictures of Seth in the tub.......
Post a Comment