Just a couple of cute kid quotes:
I was visiting teaching the other day. Alex was in rare form. He was laughing hysterically as he ran into me as hard as he could- over and over. (This was while I was trying to keep Chase from crawling over to her Christmas tree and pulling it down.) Alex stopped being crazy for a minute. He came to me, rubbed my hair (like I rub his), and said in the sweetest voice you can imagine, “you a cute boy mom.”
-- Thanks.
Today Jaxon asked about how old Jesus was when he died. We told him about 33 years old. He said, “So you guys are older then Jesus ever was… so… that proves that you are not Jesus.” ????
--------------------
We set some resolutions at FHE the other night (it really was not a very productive FHE, but at least we try. Hopefully the kids will look back and remember wonderful FHE’s even though it is chaos with all of their silliness and tantrums). Andre and I told them some of our resolutions. The kids all said what they wanted to accomplish this year. I can’t even remember what they said because they were being silly. But then Andre said what goals HE set for them. I thought they were very indicative of our life.
Chase: Sleep through the night- every night.
Alex: Get potty trained. (we only need one in diapers)
Tanner: Eat more foods, normal, everyday, good foods.
Jaxon: Use a fork or spoon when eating food every time. (How old is he?)
_______________
One of my resolutions is to be more effective in shopping. Meaning- don’t spend so much money. Plan meals ahead of time, buy only what I need, buy things when they are on sale, use coupons when appropriate etc…
Another is to stock up on my 3 month and long term food supply. Then to use my food supply in our every day cooking. Make healthier, yummier, homemade snacks for the kids instead of expensive, bad for you packaged things. (who are we kidding, chocolate cake is not "good for you". But it is better than other things.)
Another resolution is to (personally) eat healthier, eat less, exercise, and lose weight.
Does anyone have any ideas how to make these three ideas work together easily? Last time I checked, food storage had lots of carbs. Carbs are not great for losing weight. Also getting on a diet really requires lots of fresh veggies and fruit which are expensive. Also to stock up on food, means to spend more money. I am still trying to work my brain around it all.
There are lots of sites where they talk about buying in bulk- only when things are on sale and with coupons. They show how to eat healthier by eating real food. I have hope but, it has to work for me and my family.
-----------------
Also on that same idea, you may have seen some of my links to food storage/ emergency preparedness blogs on the side of this blog. Some have some good ideas, some are weird. I always thought we needed to be prepared because of an earthquake (living in Utah). But I have seen lately that being prepared helps in lots of situations- the economy in particular. I put them on my blog roll so that I did not have to go to each of the sites each time to see if they wrote a blog- it just pops up when they did. I hope that if you are interested, you can take a look and use what you need. Tell me different or better ones if you know them.
I just read this one today and it inspired me to get ready. I believe in our prophets, and they have warned us. Here is the link.
http://preparetodaynewsletter.blogspot.com/
In case you don't want to go to it, here is a quote from it.
"Pres. Kimball in his book, ["Faith Precedes the Miracle"] wrote, “Do we lose faith, do we lose patience, do we lose hope, do we get weary in waiting, because the day is long and the event delayed? It is difficult to be prepared for an event so long delayed. Many have found it too difficult and they slumber without due preparation. Hundreds of thousands of us today are in this position. Confidence has been dulled and patience worn thin. It is so hard to wait and be prepared always. But we cannot allow ourselves to slumber."
Resolution #1 for me--Be prepared!
3 comments:
You sure are a good boy Janelle! So cute. Plus I love the Jesus coment! Where did that come from! :) I love it!
It is so nice that Alex has heard that he is a good boy so many times that he quotes it to you. Some children have less positive statements that they tell their parents because they have heard it so often. That proves that you are a good mommy!
Janelle, I love reading your blog. I checked out the Crockpot blog & added it to my BlogList too.
I love the good boy comment, too. It is so amazing when you hear your own words come out of your child's mouth.
Hugz,
Post a Comment