It looks like it is time for a shopping trip.
If you know Andre and I, you know that we are technologically lame. (You may argue that we are lame in many ways, and at least in my case you would be right).
Just to prove it, one of the lame things is that we don’t have cable or satellite and we don’t have HD ready TV’s. So we get to have the HD ready boxes attached to our TVs. (They’re great except all of a sudden we can’t get channel 4 or 7)
We have three TV’s. Each of them has a DVD/Video player attached to it. Yes, I admit it, we have videos. They are cute kid shows and my kids like them. I won’t buy more- but if we have them we will watch them. The machine in our kitchen eats videos so that is out. It won’t play newer DVDs. I don’t know why. I just know that if the DVD was purchased in the last few years or is a disney dvd, it won’t play. The TV downstairs is where our Game Cube is set up. (Yes, we have a game cube. Yes those are so old, they don’t make them any more. But it works and our kids love it- so we use it.) So if the game cube is set up, we can’t watch movies. If we go behind the TV and change the wires around then we can watch a movie. It is too much work for me so I don’t do it. The machine in the living room has been great- until this weekend. All of a sudden the DVD player won’t work. We fiddled with wires, checked all the settings, everything. Then we realized that the videos play, just not the DVD’s. Lame.
Which brings me back to my first comment. It looks like it is time to go shopping.
After reading the above blog, Andre wanted me to mention some of our other lameness.
We have one cell phone between the two of us. I barely remember the number and Andre has no idea, He would not be able to call me if he wanted too. If he wanted to call me and found the number, my cell phone would most likely be turned off, or at home. I do use it occasionally but mostly just for when I want to call people. Andre had a work cell phone for a while. He would take it with him sometimes. It would not hold a charge so it was rarely working. The phone disappeared about 9-10 months ago. So now Andre does not have a phone. Last January I was ready to have a baby at any time. We both had cell phones and I definitely carried mine with me more often because I was 9 months pregnant. Andre and I laughed at ourselves when we realized that neither of us knew each other’ cell phone numbers. What other husband/wife does not know the other’s number? We are incredibly lame.
Andre does a lot of stuff at his work. His official title is Director of Finance. So that means that he manages the accounting department. Over the years he has been given other responsibilities like head of Human Resources. The biggest ironic thing (knowing our lameness) is the other thing he heads- He is the Director of IT (Information Technology). Aren’t they the ones who lead the way with all the tech-y gadgets and such?
My mom has told us to “join the 21st century”. Isn’t that usually the children saying that? I blame our kids. We are just in so much chaos all the time that who has time to worry about such things?
6 comments:
I thought you were very hi-tech in the days when you used to do those graphic art things. I guess that was pre-kids. Yes, good idea to blame the kids. They don't care and it's better than blaming the parents.
But you save a lot of money this way. And I don't think you're lame at all. I think you're fun.
In my opinion, it's lame for people to spend hours researching the latest techno-gadgets. But then again, I'm pretty lame...
Well, welcome to the 21st Century! A bit of irony in this post...
Dad says
So.... what is lame? I would say that given your situations and the choices you have made I would give you straight A's. Things change and your time will come.
As your kids get older they will drag you into the century that they want you to be in. We didn't get cable TV until John insisted. Now we have cable with its prose and cons.
I have to say that that is lame that your DVD players are giving out on you! How rude of them!
And I did find it very funny that you don't know your cell phone number. However- Sometimes its nicer to have a things simple. And look- You're still alive and your kids are great. So I guess it shows that you dont need all that stuff!
Post a Comment