Saturday, August 15, 2009

I Saw a Mighty Angel Drive

I don't think I will ever see this again (even though I live within 30 minutes of 4 temples -and within a 1 hour drive there are 8 temples).

We were driving along Bangerter Highway amidst minivans, semi trucks, sedans, wagons, SUV's... I turned and looked out my passenger window.




I was surprised to see an angel blowing his horn right next to me.

The kids were all zoned out by the movie playing in the car. But they tore their eyes from the screen and to the road when I screamed, "Look! it is the Angel Moroni!" They were all pretty excited by it.


I am not sure why Moroni was driving down the road on a trailer.

We were pretty close to the new Oquirrh Mountain Temple. So they were probably doing something for that. That Moroni had been hit by lightening and was pretty black. So maybe they were replacing it or removing it for cleaning. You can't really see it in the picture, but it did look a little black. So it probably was the lightning-y Moroni.

Or maybe...

... Maybe God was trying to tell me something. If only I knew what that could mean.

7 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm glad I re-found your blog! Jeremy did something to our computer so my faves weren't saved, and I kept typing your address in wrong. I told you I'm not that bright!

Anyway, you are so lucky you got to see that! That must've been awesome! What a sight to see while driving down the highway!

G'ma Y said...

When we were bring your boys home from our adventure we saw the cranes lifting the bright new Angel Moroni into place on the new temple. There was a good article in the Desseret news about how lightning and angels do together on a lot of temples. I'm glad you got to see it close up and personal.

Chelita said...

That is so cool! I really think that was a once in a life time thing! I cant believe that you were able to get a picture of it too! How cool for you!

Joey said...

wow that is so cool!

Suzy said...

Wow. Good thing you had your camera in your car. That is really awesome.

John and Laura said...

wow! what a great moment to have had your camera. awesome!

MY KIDS, MY LIFE, OUR STORY! said...

How fun, your boys are so dang cute. Angel Moroni got hit by lightening, so that is why I bet they were fixing him!